You might be a crazy chicken lady/gent if...Go on, post yours!

yuckyuck.gif

Lol thats to great... My family makes fun of me for cooking for my chickens but I dont care I love them and they deserve it!! Ive had one egg so far. My inlaws told me if they dont start laying than they are going to freezer camp! (No way would I ever let that happen.) Im getting ready to make my lovely hens some scrambled eggs for a warm treat here as well. We dont have snow but its really cold. This will be our first winter with our chickens and ducks
smile.png

Quote:
bow.gif

Oh my gosh you and I could be sisters!!! And my name is Heather too! I totally find myself intrigued by all birds now: even the pigeons walking the parking lot at Walmart, lol and I NEVER used to even give birds a second glance before I got chickens!!!
big_smile.png

Ha! That is so cool...secret internet twins even
smile.png

wink.png
thumbsup.gif

If you prefer the company of the chickens to humans. If you make them oatmeal with craisins every weekend. If you buy cantelope so they can have it. If you hang pictures in the coop so they have something to look at. If you start buying pictures of chickens to hang in the house. If you seek out salt and pepper shakers shaped like chickens.
If you have converted your family members and they start doing the same.
hide.gif

Does that mean we are all crazy chicken people here?

If you go out every 2 hours to check your sleeping chickies because it's 25 below outside, even though you have to put on 10 layers of coths hat and mits and bibs just to not freeze on your way tpo the barn...........argggggggggg I hate Wisconsin in January

You have a hen and her eggs in the bathtub because the dummy made her nest on the ground and there is a flood in the coop due to heavy rain. Then you have chicks running about in the tub a day later and think it's ADORABLE!

When you're already addicted to this bloody forum, and you haven't even finished your coop or bought your first chicken yet. I can well foresee that this place is going to be a problem for us.

Beers y'all,
Ken

OMG, this is so me right now. I"ve just spent the entire day (at work and now at home) reading every one of these posts.. HILARIOUS! I can so see myself doing each and everyone one of these things. My DH keeps just rolling his eyes at me when i have to read one aloud.

Ideas already in my head and currently in the works....

You might be a crazy chicken lady if
.....you are already planning on dedicating half of your new garden for veges for the gals.
.... if you've already bought the starter feed, feeders and waterers, and have the broader set up and it's still over a month away from the babies being shipped to you.
....are already thinking of names for the chickens before they've arrived.
....your friends are sick of hearing about chickens before you've even gotten them!
....you've already asked off a few days from work starting the day they chicks are supposed to arrive (But Boss, they can't be left alone the first few days.)

Back
Top Bottom