You might be a “Southie” if...

We call snakes “dearly departed” here… or soon to be dearly departed. I take joy in separating their heads from their body.
What kind of snakes? We just have the garter snakes here. I don’t think they are bad except for that maybe they eat frogs and toads. I like frogs and toads, but if the snakes are eating grubs and mice that’s okay 🧐

What kind of snakes? We just have the garter snakes here. I don’t think they are bad except for that maybe they eat frogs and toads. I like frogs and toads, but if the snakes are eating grubs and mice that’s okay 🧐
We have bull and blow snakes…. But I was talking mainly about Southie snakes… like everything else what we have is nicer and friendlier than what they have.

Since the only poisonous snake we have in Michigan are masasauga rattlers, and they are relatively slow and not as toxic, and are only found up here on Bois Blanc Island, I'm happy to take a live and let live attitude towards snakes. And I avoid Bois Blanc island.

Since the only poisonous snake we have in Michigan are masasauga rattlers, and they are relatively slow and not as toxic, and are only found up here on Bois Blanc Island, I'm happy to take a live and let live attitude towards snakes. And I avoid Bois Blanc island.
That rattler is an endangered species too if I remember correctly, so if you did mess with it they'd probably want to throw you under the jail.

I try to leave snakes alone except the water moccasins. They are nasty and aggressive and just need to die. Even the rattlesnakes won't really bother you if you leave them alone and the only one I ever ran across here at home, we quickly reached an agreement, you stay by the fence and you live, you come up near the house OR my chickens and you will meet Mr. Shotgun. Never had a problem with the rattlers.

Aaron

They don't? I don't eat fresh water fish much at all but can tell you the Black Seabass is absolutely delicious any time of the year!

Aaron
A Seabass is not a bass.

Two are bass one is not:

DA629772-3644-4D18-8ADB-EAE32BE2D73E.jpeg
7E862A95-CE14-4314-9762-DBF1EFAA5F73.jpeg
28A8EB05-DF9B-479C-A230-52A0FE1A0CB6.jpeg

Can you pick it out?

Back
Top Bottom