You might be a “Southie” if...

If you ever get a chance to get some fresher salmon, even frozen / just not canned with the stuff they need to put into it for preservatives you should really give it a try. My niece lives out by you, I was talking to her the other day about fish and seafood. There used to be a wild game store up that way years ago, I can't remember the name of it anymore. I'll ask her she if she remembers. Throw it on the grill, just barely sear it or even in the smoker on a cast iron skillet and its wonderful.

Aaron
The can stuff says wild salmon and salt. Does list preservatives, but they could lie. It convenient and cheap and I don't overeat it. I tend to overeat fresh salmon, plus I have to cook it LOL

Czimer was the name of the wild game store on RT 7 . When DNA came out, they got busted sell lion or tiger or something they shouldn't have been selling.
I think there's a landscaping place there now.

zeimers oh now i remember ! yah they used to have all kinds of weird stuff like elephant steaks and crazy stuff like that. Many years ago when I was stationed in the keys, that was one of the things I used to do for my sister and neices, at christmas time, id overnight a cooler full of fresh stone crab claws and lobster tails to them, along with some yellow snapper or whatever else I caught and that'd be the 'christmas dinner' Instead of the normal ham and 'Traditional' X-mas dinner, we did it Florida style ! I wouldn't even want to know what that would cost at todays prices but man was it good!

Aaron

Not everyone can live on the best lake in the world. Just think of what the crowds would be like. Might as well live in Florida :plbb
It wouldn't be so crowded if the Northerners would not flock down here, stealing all the good fishing spots on the jetty's !

All kidding aside though, lake fishing, and salt water fishing are two totally different animals, however we do have our share of lakes and bass too. while I don't fresh water fish I have a friend who does and he's always showing me pictures of 10 lb bass etc etc. At the end of the day, its a nice way for people to get out, away from the rat race and enjoy nature... and drink beer, can't forget that part !

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom