Very happy to hear your transplant went well. Blood donors help save my youngest child during cancer treatments. I suggest posting your original message as a new thread under Random Ramblings instead of under ducks as more people should see it.
Stay well. Hopefully you can visit your ducks.
Probably not visit. But photographs are always welcome from my Bud!
I’ll copy+paste this to Random Ramblings! Thank you for the lead!
So sorry to hear about your youngest’s fight with cancer, I will pray they are much better now and living a healthy life!

My best friend is one of two kidney transplant recipients in my state to have had two transplants. The first lasted about a decade and was from his dad, the second was from a car crash victim. :( I am registered to be an organ donor upon my death, but I was never able to bring myself to be tested to see if I could donate to my friend. He never asked, either. I am registered to be a bone marrow donor, at least.

Why are you unable to keep your ducks? I'm sorry for your loss of them, but happy they have a good home.

Most importantly, congrats on your new kidney!

My best friend is one of two kidney transplant recipients in my state to have had two transplants. The first lasted about a decade and was from his dad, the second was from a car crash victim. :( I am registered to be an organ donor upon my death, but I was never able to bring myself to be tested to see if I could donate to my friend. He never asked, either. I am registered to be a bone marrow donor, at least.

Why are you unable to keep your ducks? I'm sorry for your loss of them, but happy they have a good home.

Most importantly, congrats on your new kidney!
Thank you so much! I am unable to keep my ducks as their fecal matter contains fungus and bacteria and other nasty things that could and probably will give me an infection, disease, etc that would risk not only the kidney but also my own life due to my immunosuppression. It’s a bit different with different animals. Birds just happen to be at the bad end, maybe someday I’ll just be a normal suburbanite and get a dog. Fortunately, I was told I would have to move in 7 months a few weeks prior to surgery so I made it a priority to spend as much time with my ducks as possible, foreseeing that I may not be able to keep them when I moved anyway.

Thank you so much! I am unable to keep my ducks as their fecal matter contains fungus and bacteria and other nasty things that could and probably will give me an infection, disease, etc that would risk not only the kidney but also my own life due to my immunosuppression. It’s a bit different with different animals. Birds just happen to be at the bad end, maybe someday I’ll just be a normal suburbanite and get a dog. Fortunately, I was told I would have to move in 7 months a few weeks prior to surgery so I made it a priority to spend as much time with my ducks as possible, foreseeing that I may not be able to keep them when I moved anyway.
Well even former poultry owners are more than welcome here <3 I wish you the smoothest road to recovery!

Back
Top Bottom