"You should be vegan since you own farm animals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dicease where it would be deadly for me to be vegan. It's not actually a dicease. It's just branded as one in this culture nowadays. My great-great-great-grand-parents and before- line, came from years of diët op 90% meat and 10% other. Snow-stuff lifestyle. Industrialisation and such changes the whole pattern. Now the staple food is starch (wheat).
The body can't change that fast as our food-patterns did. If I don't eat 3 portions of animal product a day (not dairy; allrergic; ancestors didn't eat it), after 3 days I get dangerously iron-deficeny. I faint non-stop. Get seizures. This is no joke.

I. get. really. tired. of. vegans. that. keep. telling. me... I suck because I eat animals..and bluntly tell me IRL or their facebookposts that I'm a murderer.. baddest scum of the earth. I'm not posting "vegans are the baddest scum ever" either am I? I likes when my vegan friends were posting positive awareness stuff on how we should be better for animals.. but it suddenly got so bad.. I'm a murderer now :'(

And no; no beans or whatnot can provide me these nutrititions. I have an enzyme in my body that automatically gets more energy from animal protein then plants.

And yes; I hate people that say "hur hur hur a meal without meat is no meal hur hur hurt" too.

I love vegetables and vegetarian ens vegan meals; you can wake me up for spinach. But I need to calculate my animal intake.

I love animals; and I want them to be treated good and have a good life.

So I started to raise my own biological free-range animals; and when one gets slaughtererd; everything is being eaten. Nothing wasted. Because that would be disrespectful. I can make 8 meals for two with 1 chicken. No feet or blood or tongues or anything is going in the garbage here from an animal I love and raised that keeps me living.

Sue me for being "an animal hating, bad for the environment, non-vegan".

Oh; I also only ride a bike and have no car, plant activaly for bee's and butterfly's, shop 2nd hand only, and don't ever eat processed food, buy localy biological and free-range, don't use plastic, activaly seperate my garbage, never throw any food out, but boooy.. who bad am I to not be vegan :'( How bad am I to not trade in my own biolgocial freerange animals that I totally use up instead of buying a soy-sugar-palmoil-latté in a plastic cup.

I read a really good article yesterday about this very thing. How we can't control what people say or think or believe about us, either IRL or on social media. We can only control how, or whether, we respond to it. And sometimes the best thing is just to ignore it, walk away, let it go. Nobody has the right to judge you that's not standing in your shoes or walking around in your skin, because, unless they are, ... well, they just don 't know what it's like to be you, do they? Just pity them for thinking they know everything and move on. The day will come when they will learn they are not as smart as they think they are. How do I know this? BTDT. You don't have to explain yourself or justify yourself to anyone. This article said - very wisely, I thought - what another person thinks of you is really none of your business. Wow, I thought. Like water off a duck. Shake it off and move on. I'll definitely try that! :D

I read a really good article yesterday about this very thing. How we can't control what people say or think or believe about us, either IRL or on social media. We can only control how, or whether, we respond to it. And sometimes the best thing is just to ignore it, walk away, let it go. Nobody has the right to judge you that's not standing in your shoes or walking around in your skin, because, unless they are, ... well, they just don 't know what it's like to be you, do they? Just pity them for thinking they know everything and move on. The day will come when they will learn they are not as smart as they think they are. How do I know this? BTDT. You don't have to explain yourself or justify yourself to anyone. This article said - very wisely, I thought - what another person thinks of you is really none of your business. Wow, I thought. Like water off a duck. Shake it off and move on. I'll definitely try that! :D

I can't shake it off because it is tiring. The fad-vegans.
I have supported all of my friends/aquintacens that went vegan.
They somehow have to tell LOUDLY everywhere they go that they are vegan.
They then soon started to tell anyone that meat = murder, I am a murderer, etc. It became really personal. I even have seen some "people who eat meat should die" things pass by...
They are all not vegan anymore because their body's couldn't handle it.
But they don't share thát as loud. They don't share that at ALL. Because I guess they think they have failed and are ashamed of their first hostile behaviours/lack of discipline?
They just silently go back to eating animal products.

If they would be open about why they are not vegan anymore; it would be less annoying. It would kind off feel like an apology for all the hate they have spread.
And take away some hurt they have done to other vegans. They make them look bad. They make vegans ánd non-vegans look bad.
And it makes them human. It's perfectly okay to not be able to manage a diët.

I think on what human bodies thrive best is really personal. I believe there are people that thrive the best on a vegan diët. I believe 2 people can eat the same fatty thing; some store fat; others poop it out or use it. Like my body uses fat for energy; not sugar. Sugar goes right through. A lot of people the body uses sugar first for energy; and stores the fat. And we have all different ways of handling salt, sugar, alcohol, dairy, etc. Not only through sickness; our bodies are programmed for 1000 of years to adapt to our local diët. Only recently we suddenly migrated/got new foods.
A good example is dairy; most people on the world can't handle it. The most (white) people that can; original come from a region of nowadays-Russia. They spreaded to Europe and through boats into the U.S, passing on the "can handle dairy" enzyme. Cilantro/Coriandre the same. People who think it tates like soap have a certain gene; that is suprise suprise; more common when your ancestry does not come from a place where cilantro/coriandre was used for 1000 of years.

Urgh. I just really wish; that those aggresive vegan-fad people also could be so strong in self-reflection. I worked 20 years ago in a vegan supermarket; when it was for weird dreadlock/incense/free-love commune loving hippies. And a lot for people with diets due to dicease. That got shunned by society. None of these colleagues/customers EVER said something negative about me eating meat; or anything negative about anyone for that matter.

This "new vegan fad" seems just to be an thing for some people to desperately belong in a group; and can be against other groups; to hopefully become more selfsecure about themselves. Like a really late "punk/emo/etc. anti-society" thing phase.

Sometimes worry what the "new thing" is going to be... to be angry about and divide people in "us" against "them". 20 years ago could not imagine it would be vegan.

I can't shake it off because it is tiring. The fad-vegans.
I have supported all of my friends/aquintacens that went vegan.
They somehow have to tell LOUDLY everywhere they go that they are vegan.
They then soon started to tell anyone that meat = murder, I am a murderer, etc. It became really personal. I even have seen some "people who eat meat should die" things pass by...
They are all not vegan anymore because their body's couldn't handle it.
But they don't share thát as loud. They don't share that at ALL. Because I guess they think they have failed and are ashamed of their first hostile behaviours/lack of discipline?
They just silently go back to eating animal products.

If they would be open about why they are not vegan anymore; it would be less annoying. It would kind off feel like an apology for all the hate they have spread.
And take away some hurt they have done to other vegans. They make them look bad. They make vegans ánd non-vegans look bad.
And it makes them human. It's perfectly okay to not be able to manage a diët.

I think on what human bodies thrive best is really personal. I believe there are people that thrive the best on a vegan diët. I believe 2 people can eat the same fatty thing; some store fat; others poop it out or use it. Like my body uses fat for energy; not sugar. Sugar goes right through. A lot of people the body uses sugar first for energy; and stores the fat. And we have all different ways of handling salt, sugar, alcohol, dairy, etc. Not only through sickness; our bodies are programmed for 1000 of years to adapt to our local diët. Only recently we suddenly migrated/got new foods.
A good example is dairy; most people on the world can't handle it. The most (white) people that can; original come from a region of nowadays-Russia. They spreaded to Europe and through boats into the U.S, passing on the "can handle dairy" enzyme. Cilantro/Coriandre the same. People who think it tates like soap have a certain gene; that is suprise suprise; more common when your ancestry does not come from a place where cilantro/coriandre was used for 1000 of years.

Urgh. I just really wish; that those aggresive vegan-fad people also could be so strong in self-reflection. I worked 20 years ago in a vegan supermarket; when it was for weird dreadlock/incense/free-love commune loving hippies. And a lot for people with diets due to dicease. That got shunned by society. None of these colleagues/customers EVER said something negative about me eating meat; or anything negative about anyone for that matter.

This "new vegan fad" seems just to be an thing for some people to desperately belong in a group; and can be against other groups; to hopefully become more selfsecure about themselves. Like a really late "punk/emo/etc. anti-society" thing phase.

Sometimes worry what the "new thing" is going to be... to be angry about and divide people in "us" against "them". 20 years ago could not imagine it would be vegan.
Well said. Some of these people also take some kind of sick pleasure in viewing/"exposing"/sharing disturbing videos and media involving animals being abused, butchered, dissected, that sort of thing. For people who supposedly stand against this sort of thing, some sure do have a sick fascination with it.

I had a schoolmate who went vegan and proclaimed the disgustingness of the meat industry, yet, she would spend her spare time watching YouTube videos of animals being slaughtered, while eating vegan "beef" jerky.

It all goes back to my theory about that type of diet missing nutrients that are essential for proper brain function. Loose screws.

Well said. Some of these people also take some kind of sick pleasure in viewing/"exposing"/sharing disturbing videos and media involving animals being abused, butchered, dissected, that sort of thing. For people who supposedly stand against this sort of thing, some sure do have a sick fascination with it.

I had a schoolmate who went vegan and proclaimed the disgustingness of the meat industry, yet, she would spend her spare time watching YouTube videos of animals being slaughtered, while eating vegan "beef" jerky.

It all goes back to my theory about that type of diet missing nutrients that are essential for proper brain function. Loose screws.
I don't think that people find a sick pleasure in it, they are just trying to bring awareness to it.

I honestly think anything that brings awareness to how animals are treated at these factory farms is great because maybe someday we'll open up our eyes and stop being so oblivious!

I'm kind of appalled at everything you just said about a plant based diet or vegan diet. I do not have screws loose. It's really disgusting that people talk this way about other human beings.

Humans are mammals not animals, but maybe you have different beliefs than me so I won't go into that
I didn't want to argue this with you, because to each their own. But you just proved my point, right here. Do you realize that cows, sheep, goats, deer, pigs, as well of a multitude of other ANIMALS are mammals, as well as humans? And that each of these mammals, humans included fall under the kingdom of.... animal?? It's the scientific order.

I'm kind of appalled at everything you just said about a plant based diet or vegan diet. I do not have screws loose. It's really disgusting that people talk this way about other human beings.

I didn't want to argue this with you, because to each their own. But you just proved my point, right here. Do you realize that cows, sheep, goats, deer, pigs, as well of a multitude of other ANIMALS are mammals, as well as humans? And that each of these mammals, humans included fall under the kingdom of.... animal?? It's the scientific order.
Humans are not a beast. Humans are their own species and created perfectly. I believe in what I believe in, you'll never change that.

Funny how you say you didn't want to start and agree to disagree, but you actually did start :lau I have no time for someone who insults other human beings.

Humans are not a beast. Humans are their own species and created perfectly. I believe in what I believe in, you'll never change that.

Funny how you say you didn't want to start and agree to disagree, but you actually did start :lau I have no time for someone who insults other human beings.
Since when are humans inherently perfect? I didn't get that memo, somehow.

I think "loose screws" is too harsh. And they don't get loose screws due to diët. At the most they are selfinsecure and try to fit it.
And like @FortCluck ; they are trying to raise awareness. Or they think they raise awareness. That's good.

I have seen a shift in video's posted; that I draw a line. Where at first it was maltreating of animals; too small cages; getting rid of tails/ears due to small cages; being killed without sedation; horses/mules that have hooves like a mile long; etc.
It is now often just butchering movies.
It shifted.
I'm all for better treatment of animals. But butchering will still be butchering. The messages went from; we should treat animals better to; harming any is bad. So we show detailed bloody pictures of a slaughter.
Which I personally think is not thát bad. Knowing how to slaughter and prepare animals is a must for anyone; just like what plants in your area are edible. Otherwise we will get pretty murderous towards each other over a can of soup in the next war/disaster (and the last can-opener). Even as an vegan.
It's good I guess people are more aware how butchering goes; but not sure if these type of vegans are the best to educate; since they promote no killing of animals at ALL; and can cause less education and selfsuficienty in the end; and more big-super-stores dependancy.

Oh, and the meat-replacement stuff they buy that is made of soy; and loads, and loads of sugar. Vieuw some veagen-fad recipe pages; they apparently all eat cakes and cookies and muffins ALL the time.. yeah no.. that's healthy...

I sometimes wish "good vegans" were more online. But they often live their selfsufficient life; growing their own crops; living off the land and not supermarkets; and also often don't really have internet/social-media presence. When 1 comes along; they often get harassed like they are one of those "fad-vegans".

My understanding is that anything that is not vegetable or mineral is animal. There are many classifications of animal, including: mammal (has mammary glands and suckles its young), marsupial (like kangaroo and opossum), reptile, amphibian, fish, and birds. There are also invertebrate animals like worms and slugs, jellyfish, starfish and different kinds of insects. This is not a comprehensive list by any means, just a representative list. But mammals, including primates (like apes, monkeys and yes, humans) are definitely classified scientifically as animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom