"You should be vegan since you own farm animals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FortCluck Have you had quorn? It's vegetarian. Not sure if it's vegan though. I'm a meat eater. We went to a friend's house for dinner and they had made lasagne, it was delicious. Then they said it was quorn! I normally steer away from things if they say its vegetarian, no reason, I just do. But that was really nice and I couldn't tell the difference from minced meat.
I make my own black bean burgers and I usually don't really eat the fake meat for vegans. Although I do eat tofu sometimes.

I like to eat a lot of beans and protein based plants. A lot of the vegan meats that are out there are very high in sodium and I try not to have a lot of sodium. When you eat a lot of processed stuff it has so much sodium in it and that part worries me because I don't want to mess with my health.

My favorite type of fake meat company is called Gardein... They have the best vegan fake meat ever!

Sounds yummy! It's my understanding that dried beans, and dark green leafy vegs like spinach are also good sources of iron. But, hmm... it's been a long time, I'm trying to remember .... these are all foods a nursing mom can't have because they give the baby gas/ colic, right? Or has that belief changed?
The leafy greens aren't as bad as beans... I'm at a point where the baby is eating quite a bit of food on his own, and he eats beans himself now haha! The salad greens in my garden are just getting big enough to pick salads off of, I had my first winter salad the other day. Something has been eating the spinach though, and leaving the lettuce and kale and everything else alone. Weird.

I'm not talking about the impossible burger... I'm talking about the Boca vegan burger that's at the Red Robin that I go to

Excuse me. The conversation was general and did include the Impossible Burger. We were talking about various veg*n burgers, or so I thought.

I tried Burger King's Impossible Burger Whopper recently. It was pretty good.

Yes, but I try to steer away from soy based products because too much soy in your system is not good especially when you have a thyroid disease. Usually if I have fake meat that is soy based it is very rare, almost like a treat.

Interesting. I will have to ask my MD about this. I take a thyroid Rx and he has not said anything to me about avoiding soy.

I make my own black bean burgers and I usually don't really eat the fake meat for vegans. Although I do eat tofu sometimes.

I like to eat a lot of beans and protein based plants. A lot of the vegan meats that are out there are very high in sodium and I try not to have a lot of sodium. When you eat a lot of processed stuff it has so much sodium in it and that part worries me because I don't want to mess with my health.

My favorite type of fake meat company is called Gardein... They have the best vegan fake meat ever!

Yeah, we don't use the fake meats either. Have tried it a few times, but .... naw. Just trying to figure out what to eat now, with new challenges. Had not heard of Gardein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom