"You should be vegan since you own farm animals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Have been elsewhere for a day. I didnt read after page 4 but her a reaction for info from a goverment site in the Netherlands (translated by google)

Meat
Meat causes 40% of the climate burden by food from the average Dutch person. Meat has so much impact because the production of 1 kilo of meat requires around 5 kilos of vegetable feed. Eating less meat is therefore good for the climate.

In the Netherlands we eat around 40 kilos of meat per person per year (beef, pork and chicken together). That is more than twice as much as 50 years ago. In addition, we also import and export a lot of meat. The livestock industry that produces all that meat emits greenhouse gasses, consumes a lot of water, needs a lot of space worldwide for growing livestock feed and can cause a manure problem. Eating less meat is the most effective way to prevent that.

source: https://www.milieucentraal.nl/milieubewust-eten/vlees-vis-of-vega/vlees/

If I find a paper of a research in English I will post this later.
Hoe gaat het? Ik vind de artikel informatief.

I think the Dutch inherently are more aware of their environmental impacts as they have been controlling their environment for hundreds of years!

My mother’s side of the family is mostly vegan/vegetarian and not necessarily for animal welfare, but because they never cared for the texture of meat. Also, with legitimate studies showing the impacts of meat-based diets on the planet and our health, they choose to not eat meat or to reduce their consumption of it.

With that being said, somehow kip satay and Soto ayam are still household staples for my family. And in the case of my mom, kroketten. By the truckload. Not for the meat though, just the spices.
I plan on making biterballen with Beyond Meat this weekend and seeing what she thinks.

I’ve tried borenkoel with vegan sausage, but it’s just not the same as the meat version.

Hoe gaat het? Ik vind de artikel informatief.

I think the Dutch inherently are more aware of their environmental impacts as they have been controlling their environment for hundreds of years!

My mother’s side of the family is mostly vegan/vegetarian and not necessarily for animal welfare, but because they never cared for the texture of meat. Also, with legitimate studies showing the impacts of meat-based diets on the planet and our health, they choose to not eat meat or to reduce their consumption of it.

With that being said, somehow kip satay and Soto ayam are still household staples for my family. And in the case of my mom, kroketten. By the truckload. Not for the meat though, just the spices.
I plan on making biterballen with Beyond Meat this weekend and seeing what she thinks.

I’ve tried borenkoel with vegan sausage, but it’s just not the same as the meat version.
Beyond meat crumbles are my favorite in chili!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom