"You should be vegan since you own farm animals"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FortCluck Have you had quorn? It's vegetarian. Not sure if it's vegan though. I'm a meat eater. We went to a friend's house for dinner and they had made lasagne, it was delicious. Then they said it was quorn! I normally steer away from things if they say its vegetarian, no reason, I just do. But that was really nice and I couldn't tell the difference from minced meat.

@FortCluck Have you had quorn? It's vegetarian. Not sure if it's vegan though. I'm a meat eater. We went to a friend's house for dinner and they had made lasagne, it was delicious. Then they said it was quorn! I normally steer away from things if they say its vegetarian, no reason, I just do. But that was really nice and I couldn't tell the difference from minced meat.

According to Wkipedia, quorn is fungus based. It can contain egg white as a binder, but there is also a vegan version available. Sounds interesting, I'll have to look for it!

I cooked a vegan dish tonight for dinner, the first I can remember in a long time.

Yellow rice with sauteed mushrooms, garlic and home grown Serrano peppers. It was good, but probably not good for me. My son was a little low on his iron levels at his doctor visit this month, which means that my breastmilk (and myself) most likely are too. He got a prescription iron supplement, which I would rather not have to give him. We both need to eat more red meat.

I cooked a vegan dish tonight for dinner, the first I can remember in a long time.

Yellow rice with sauteed mushrooms, garlic and home grown Serrano peppers. It was good, but probably not good for me. My son was a little low on his iron levels at his doctor visit this month, which means that my breastmilk (and myself) most likely are too. He got a prescription iron supplement, which I would rather not have to give him. We both need to eat more red meat.

Sounds yummy! It's my understanding that dried beans, and dark green leafy vegs like spinach are also good sources of iron. But, hmm... it's been a long time, I'm trying to remember .... these are all foods a nursing mom can't have because they give the baby gas/ colic, right? Or has that belief changed?

I haven't been getting alerts for this thread, I honestly hate when it happens. I wish I had the stomach to eat all those foods but I am very picky, I get nauseous when I eat and I don't eat to much anyways :confused: The only thing I can eat without actually feeling nauseous is cereal :gig

I haven't been getting alerts for this thread, I honestly hate when it happens. I wish I had the stomach to eat all those foods but I am very picky, I get nauseous when I eat and I don't eat to much anyways :confused: The only thing I can eat without actually feeling nauseous is cereal :gig
Have you ever tried Meusli? It's amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom