You won't beleive this!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 7L Farm, Oct 7, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I have 16 pullets that have lived in this coop since they were hatched. Thats right I brood them in their coop. I built a little ramp onto the big roost so the iddy's could learn to roost at an early age. Well, they used it & here's the proof. Picture below:
    Here's what you won't beleive I left the little ramp there its still in the exact spot. The now, pullets now 8 months old still use this ramp. As you know most chickens use the tiered roost to get to the top of their roost right & then in the morning they fly off the roost right. Wrong, mine desend down using the different levels & still to this day use the same little ramp to get up & down.[​IMG][​IMG]Here's a better picture of the little ramp. There's little iddy now gown up.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Those little chicks are great climbers!

3. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!
    thats adorable![​IMG]

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:And flyers if I remember correctly they were up to the next level at 2 weeks. At that time I had 30 iddy's 14 cocks as well. They were all up on the roost. I should of got a picture.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Quote:And flyers if I remember correctly they were up to the next level at 2 weeks. At that time I had 30 iddy's 14 cocks as well. They were all up on the roost. I should of got a picture.

True! I remember game chicks flying about at two weeks of age.

6. Weiden Farm

Weiden Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    old habits die hard

7. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    very cute. Summertime is a great start for the kids. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by