Young Brahmas are lethargic, can’t get up on own, and are dying

Chaossar

Hatching
Oct 22, 2020
There was a total of 13, 4.5 month old Brahmas. They eat Nature Wise meat bird food, live in a barn with pine shavings at night, and can go outside during the day. The outside area is secure. They have fresh water and a tube feeder that holds 3 days worth of food.
Yesterday morning when I let them out 1 chicken was laying on floor and could not get up. I picked him up and set him on his feet outside in the grass, he walked slowly for a short distance then huddled up, puffed out and closed his eyes. There was no discharge from beak or eyes, no visible marks, and his bottom was clean. He died within 2 hours. The other chickens were outside and looked fine. Early afternoon another one was outside on his side. He also died within hours. Before bringing them in I scrubbed out water pan with bleach and changed out their food with purine feed that I feed my layers. This morning another chicken down, same as other 2, this one passed within a half hour. These chickens looked fine wings, necks, heads all under control, and poop looks normal. Thank You anyone with ideas please help.

Back
Top Bottom