Young chicken limping and not eating or drinking.

blakeee

Songster
Dec 31, 2016
Australia
Hi there,

I have read a few threads about this but I just wanted another opinion. My chicken Lucky was limping yesterday and today has barely been moving. I thought that she has injured herself so I thought I'd let her rest. Well she walked over to the water bowl and I picked her up. She's didn't move much and when I put her down she just falls over and lays there. I've brought her inside and into a box to separate her from the others but I don't know what to do. I'm really attached to this girl as she is my favourite and I really don't want her to die. She's about 12 weeks old. No body else has any symptoms or anything. Should I worm her?

I just realised I said that she isn't eating or drinking which is false as I picked her up from the water bowl and just witnessed her eating the food I put in there for her. She was limping on one leg yesterday but the leg doesn't seem broken at all. Poor thing. I appreciate any help I receive.

DSC_0184.JPG DSC_0184.JPG DSC_0185.JPG She was laying on her side before.

Shes a pretty bird i can see why you wouldn't want to lose her..if shes eating and drinking water those are good signs...Is she pooping?

Shes a pretty bird i can see why you wouldn't want to lose her..if shes eating and drinking water those are good signs...Is she pooping?

Back
Top Bottom