Young chicken not acting right

MartinsPoultry

Songster
Nov 3, 2016
Slanesville, West Virginia
I just got a bundle of chicken peeps from a friend who was giving up the business to being traveling with his wife. And after watching all of the chickens, guinea keets and turkey poult I noticed 1 chicken peep was not acting correctly. These little ones have only been inside in a brooder. Only going outdoors to transfer to my house.

They stand and their head is constantly moving and turning. They eat the same way. I have never had this before.

Everyone else is healthy, all healthy poos, eating talking and sleeping like all babies do. This one does the same but the head movement's.

Anyone might know what might be wrong with her?

Last edited:
I just got a bundle of chicken peeps from a friend who was giving up the business to being traveling with his wife. And after watching all of the chickens, guinea keets and turkey poult I noticed 1 chicken peep was not acting correctly. These little ones have only been inside in a brooder. Only going outdoors to transfer to my house.

They stand and their head is constantly moving and turning. They eat the same way. I have never had this before.

Everyone else is healthy, all healthy poos, eating talking and sleeping like all babies do. This one does the same but the head movement's.

Anyone might know what might be wrong with her?
Any chance of a video?

Lots of possibilities, a video would be helpful.
But for starters I would do a vitamin supplement to see if it helps.
Some vitamin deficiencies can cause neurological symptoms, and vitamin deficiencies can start inside the egg before hatch. Also check feed manufacture dates. Old feed can also be deficient in vitamins. Just a starting place, best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom