Young Chicks and 9.6% Corid liquid

mochilee

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 22, 2012
Goldvein, Virginia
I have 3 week old chicks w/ cocci and I've never had to dose any so young. Does anyone know if I should use the full strength 5 day dose or maybe the lower 21 day dose? They are looking a lot worse in only 12 hours. All my older chickens have had cocci but these were in the garage in a brooder and I had hoped just the medicated feed would be enough.

I have 3 week old chicks w/ cocci and I've never had to dose any so young. Does anyone know if I should use the full strength 5 day dose or maybe the lower 21 day dose? They are looking a lot worse in only 12 hours. All my older chickens have had cocci but these were in the garage in a brooder and I had hoped just the medicated feed would be enough.
Go with the 5 day dose...9.5cc's per gallon of water for 5 days. If you have 1 quart or 2 quart waterers, make the 1 gallon mixture, then just pour it into the waterers as needed.

Ok, thanks! I was going to be selling these this weekend too. I may end up with a LOT of chickens this fall.
We're originally from Ruston LA ourselves, Larry retired from the Army and so Northern VA had a job...but one of our daughters has been accepted to LA Tech and if she goes, I'm going to talk Larry into buying an acre and a trailer and setting up a second home down there!

Back
Top Bottom