Young ducks fighting over young drake?

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
I have had hens fight over boys several times,but recently stopped once I accidentally added an extra drake.

I noticed that our 4 new Ancona ducks have been bickering a few times.This one Duckling who has now successfully caught up to the other has been bickering with other 2 hens,this one has been a scared and aggressive duck ever since he was little (as far as we know,they were about 1 month old maybe or a lil older.).They are about 3 months old (Maybe.)They all quack.As far as I know,They are not laying,BUT must be very close because the drakes are being selfish.Our oldest drake has even started raping them.

They do quack,accept for one.He has this gosling/raspy type sound which makes me think it's a boy getting it's voice.Also the girls SURROUND themselves around him,but no mating yet.He puts his head high and puffs up sorta when they start I guess "Flirting" with him almost like the grown ducks do?He only seems to care for"One" hen,which she is the oldest of the group.Maybe that's what cause the drama between the 3 girls?No serious pinching,but they do smack their bills at eachother maybe a little peck here and their,then things are over.BUT,I did witness the not much youngest one STICK her bill inside the others one mouth!

Any ideas on why they are fighting?

Back
Top Bottom