Young Frizzles.. pullets or cockerals?

Thanks! I think I'll assume they are both pullets based on everyone's observations. I don't plan on ever breeding the girls since we only raise them as pets and eggs
smile.png
Thanks for all your advice! Love those little Frizzles..They have such a great personality and hang out together chatting to one another. Difficult to catch when they don't want to be caught!

Here are two frizzle cochins from the same breeder for comparision, the first is my Roo from last year who started off as "Allie" and ended up being an "Al" notice the reder face, comb and wattles, and all the color in the body...
DSC02695.jpg

DSC02699.jpg

Now this year's pretty pullet named "Chloe" who started laying eggs at 20 weeks... notice the smaller comb, less red in face and except for the tail the lack of greys and browns in the body (except she has cool black accents on her feathers). She looks more plain than my roo from last year. but still very pretty...and sweet too!
big_smile.png

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

I think this offers a good comparison of a cockrel and pullet for this breed anyway. Hope it helps...

Just lost my little Frizzle, Marshmellow (pictured in the front) RIP Marshmellow!!!
hit.gif

How that little girl frizzle got into my heart!!!!

100972_img_3050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom