Young hen can’t walk.

Duppyegg

Hatching
Aug 11, 2020
Hello I am new to this site! I have a young hen whose left leg is not supporting her growing body and she is limping terribly, cannot roost. She is otherwise fine. Does anyone know how I upload a video of her so you can see her walking. It is really strange as nobody else has this problem. Thank you!

Hello I am new to this site! I have a young hen whose left leg is not supporting her growing body and she is limping terribly, cannot roost. She is otherwise fine. Does anyone know how I upload a video of her so you can see her walking. It is really strange as nobody else has this problem. Thank you!
To upload a video to BYC, you must first upload it to a video hosting site such as YouTube (there are others). Once you have the URL for the video, you can post it to BYC by simply pasting the URL into the message box and clicking on Post reply.

Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry your gal is having trouble. :( Uploading a video to youtube or vimeo and linking here.

What is her age and breed? Where did she come from and how long have you had her? What is fed on a regular basis including treats and supplements? Was she vaccinated for Marek's?

Is there any swelling or heat in the leg that might indicate an injury you can't see?

Adding your general location to your profile can help folks make their best suggestions possible at a glance. :)

Back
Top Bottom