Young male guinea slit his toe open; Won't stop bleeding.

Do you have styptic powder?? It's a bleed stop powder. I have used it. If it is wrapped, I would definitely keep her in a quiet area to heal. Butterfly tape sometimes works well. Otherwise, not being an expert, the other suggestions are good as well. Please do keep us posted??

Do you have styptic powder?? It's a bleed stop powder. I have used it. If it is wrapped, I would definitely keep her in a quiet area to heal. Butterfly tape sometimes works well. Otherwise, not being an expert, the other suggestions are good as well. Please do keep us posted??
I don't have a blood stopper. If I did, I would have used it. I guess I will pick some up soon. I will keep you all posted! It's nice to see you again SacredWaves! I've not seen you in a while.

I don't have a blood stopper. If I did, I would have used it. I guess I will pick some up soon. I will keep you all posted! It's nice to see you again SacredWaves! I've not seen you in a while.
Thank you so much. I am happy to be back! Life has been very hectic for the last few months. Getting it together though. Hope you are well? Yes, please keep us posted. Styptic powder was an investment I have been greatful for, on more than one occasion. It works for animal and human. So much we have to learn, and it never seems we learn enough, does it? Everyday my chickens teach me something else. 🤪

Good to hear Russell (love the name, btw. For some reason, it seems to fit a bird) is doing better and back in action. Amazing how resilient these guys really are. We worry ourselves into a frenzy, and they just want mealworms. Lol. Ty for posting!
I was driving past an automobile place-I think- called-something- Russell, and I was listing guinea names because they were a few days away from hatching. He was the only one I could tell apart (besides the only white one.) He had little lines under his eyes. Luckily, I got his leg band on him before it went away.

@Eggcessive, @Wyorp Rock, @azygous, @Kiki, @SacredWaves? Anyone? Sorry to bother you all. Here is Russell the guinea. In the first picture, he is holding his foot up. In the second picture, he is not putting a kit if weight in it, but his foot is on the ground. Don't mind his tag, that is on his good foot, and so that I can tell them apart.
16792425882733740968090160025848.jpg
16792426766102268236343827791706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom