Young Peacock in tree in TERRIBLE snowstorm

the anticipation is killing me.....
caf.gif
hu.gif

Me too! I signed on this morning just to see this outcome, hopefully they're out there now working on coaxing him down. Peacocks are VERY hard to coax down once in trees, they will completely ignore you unless they're absolutely starving to death.

The Old Rebel is sooooo busy with her animals and other things. I will call her and see what is going on and ask her if I can reply and update......

She didn't answer, she's probably outside trying to get her down. We got about a foot of snow and then sleet all night. I will keep trying....

Last edited:
I sure hope she made it thru the night
fl.gif
I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink if one of my chickens were high up in a tree during a snow storm
sad.png
I wouldn't count on the fire department to help you in this case, they usually don't.

A few years ago we had a pregnant cat stuck about 30 ft up in a pine tree for 2 days in the hot summer heat, the second day I was frantic to get her some help down. I called quite a few people and the fire department, they laughed at me. We finally got a neighbor to come over and help us and the family she belonged to with one of those super long poles used to scrape ice and snow off roofs. He knocked her out of the tree and we caught her in a blanket used to break the fall, she bounced into the blanket shook her head and ran off. Later that night on the news they had a story on about how fire rescue helped another cat 100 ft up a tree down but they couldn't help us! The next morning mama cat came back to my yard to thank me for saving her.

I've found you cannot make a peafowl do what they do not want to do. Mine roost in trees year round. Torrential rains, high winds, etc. No snow but I would think the snow would be less of a disaster than a true rain soaking. I'm hoping she made it for you. If she did, hopefully she'll know where the good place is at to spend the night, and not up in a tree during a blizzard. Keeping my fingers crossed for her and you!

THANKS EVERYONE for all your thoughts and prayers and, more than anything, for caring about me and my girl. At this moment, she is OK!! At some point (probably this morning), she flew down to the top of my guinea pen. We've been outside digging pens out of the snow. We got over a foot of snow (EXTREMELY rare for where we live). My DH went to catch her, but she flew to the top of a small tree near the guinea pen. He was able to grab the end of the branch she was on, pull it down and then let it go. She lost her balance. He kept shaking the tree, so she fluttered to the ground and he nabbed her. She is safe with her family now in their pen. I'll keep a check on her. She seemed to be ok. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to take best care of her or any signs to watch for for sickness, PLEASE let me know.

Again, I DEEPLY APPRECIATE all your thought and prayers and expressions of concern.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom