ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

I am glad you caught your Peacock.

Mine used to sleep in the trees in the winter and I would worry but all the Peacock owners told me they would be fine and they were. Still I worried, stayed awake at night worrying. They never slept side by side but in singles.
I would feed them scraps of meat and high protien food for energy to keep warm at night.
One of the Peacock breeders told me when he was in India he saw Peacocks roosting in trees in a snow storm.
We have a large feral Peacock population in our area and they live outside year round. They are pests to some people.
I gave my Peacocks to a breeder who has huge pens for them and Peacock houses. So now I don't have to worry.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... my peahen roosted in the tree all night as well in our 12 inch snowstorm. She could have gone in the barn, but chose not to. The only time she doesn't roost thereis when it is too icy.......................

I can't believe you actually got that much snow, the storm was a total dud here in Rockwell, just a dusting and a ton of rain...so disappointed! So funny how much ya'll got right down the road when we got NADA
hit.gif

Our family has a cabin in the ozark mountains... On this mountain, the lady who used to own all the land (when her husband died she sold it off in parcels) had peacocks... LOTS of them. She was quite advanced in age when my Dad and I lived there a couple years... The winters were severe (sometimes the only way to town was to take the boat) > Those peacocks of hers basically did and went where they wanted and I am sure she never put them up in the winter... I remember seeing them in the trees (and on our roofs!) the entire winter... never found a dead one so I would guess they are pretty winter hardy.

Back
Top Bottom