Young pullet not able to walk

cinjoel

Songster
8 Years
Jul 26, 2015
Naples
Popcorn, this pretty backyard chicken is less than 1 yrs old. She had been limping on one leg for a couple days…then got better. But about one week ago, suddenly can’t even hold herself up on her legs. She ‘waddles’ on her elbows instead. I’ve tried aspirin, I’ve tried Vit B and nothing seems to be helping her. I am isolating her for most of the day so she doesn’t get picked on. Any thoughts?
She is alert and eats and drinks - I would rather not cull her if I can avoid it however these chickens are for eggs and she’s not doing any of that so at some point I may need to make that tough decision.
thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3013.png
    IMG_3013.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
There are number of b vitamins. Can you get b complex that has riboflavin b2? I would give 1/2 tablet daily of b complex daily crushed in a bit of food or water. Are her toes curled under?

There are number of b vitamins. Can you get b complex that has riboflavin b2? I would give 1/2 tablet daily of b complex daily crushed in a bit of food or water. Are her toes curled under?
Thanks. I’ve been giving her Vit B complex which has riboflavin b2 for the past 4 days in liquid form right into her mouth. No change.

Back
Top Bottom