Your 2024 Garden

Pics
Some Romas and we will use some from the celebrities to make sure we have enough. We have never had a good crop volume wise of Romas. Maybe this year will be better. If I find the seed on a Burpee seed rack for their Super Sauce I will get some and see what I can make from them.
I put crushed egg shells into the hole when I plant my roma tomatoes. Helps with blossom end rot and helps the plant produce more

I put crushed egg shells into the hole when I plant my roma tomatoes. Helps with blossom end rot and helps the plant produce more
I have a bag of granulated garden lime that will release the calcium quicker than egg shells unless I grind them to a powder in a coffee type grinder we use. At one time I was saving egg shells to use for that. Now I just spread them over the garden and till them in for a general enrichment of the soil. At least that way they don't go to waste. Most of our compostable kitchen stuff gets tilled under.

While it rains I'll have time to care for the little fertilizer factories that are hatching now. I need for the rain to stop long enough I can work with some power tools to build another brooder for the older chicks for outside use freeing up the inside brooder for new hatchlings. I want to grow tomatoes and squash in half our sun room and brood in the other half during the winter.

Due to weather we didn't get to do anything in the garden today that was planned. We are getting possible violent weather soon now. Our time out had to be used for getting the kids ready with feed and water before the fan gets dirty.
Stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom