Your best summertime crockpot recipe

Quote:
I normally use either lemon pepper or chipotle, but you can use whatever you like. Just rub the spices on and stick it in the crockpot- that's all there is to it!
smile.png

Ok, I am DEFINITELY going to try this! I wonder if this would give similar results from a whole, cut up chicken?

One of my favorites I don't know how to spell,, it is something like grai copus, it is a Slavick saurkraut soup.

You need,,

1 lb. smoked sausage cut small.

2 large cans kidney beans,, do NOT drain.

1 lb. saurkraut, drained and lightly rinsed.

1 large onion, minced.

Garlic and pepper to taste.

1 stick of butter and enough flour to make a rue

Brown sausage, then add saurkraut and onion for a few minutes,,, add all to crock pot except rue,, cook for 3 hours adding cold water to keep thin and break beans.

when the beans start to crack add rue, simmer 30 more minutes, then serve with crusty bread for dipping.

Here's one our family likes.
We had these sandwiches last night along with crunchy pea salad, pickkles and chips.

Crockpot Cheeseburger Sandwiches

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
seasoned salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cuved
2 Tab. milk

Brown ground beef, pepper, onions and garlic, drain.
Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the cooked meat, cheese and milk.
Mix well and cover.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir once or twice during cooking.
Serve on buns.
Makes 8 sandwiches.

Quote:
I do something very similar, except that I put cut up potatoes in the bottom with 1/2 to 1 stick of butter a chopped up onion, and a little garlic mixed in instead of the aluminum foil and then use whatever chicken I happen to have on hand, which is usually cut up and not whole. I also use McCormick's Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning a lot, which is delicious! I just sprinkle the seasoning all over the chicken pieces, place in CP and cook on low all day (about 8 hours). Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CP BBQ chicken or ribs

Place chicken or ribs in CP, add BBQ sauce (I usually use Kraft because I can get it the cheapest). If I'm filling my 6 qt. CP, it may take 1-1/2 to 2 bottles. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Enjoy!

CP Pinto Beans (Southern Style!)

This is what I do for my family of 5, and we usually get 3 meals out of it).

6 cups dry pinto beans
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 heaping tea spoon (spoon in your silverware set) preminced garlic
1 heaping Tbs (again, spoon in your silverware set) bacon drippings
Pepper to taste

Sort & rinse beans, & place in CP. Add onion, garlic, bacon drippings, & pepper. Cover with water and cook on low for 8 hours or high of 6. Add salt to taste in the last 1 to 2 hours or cooking. Enjoy!

**Here's how I get 3 meals out of this. Pinto beans and cornbread the first night. Any left over beans are drained.

The 2nd night, 1/2 of the leftover beans are mashed and we have refried bean burritoes - add cumin (& any other seasonings you like) - a little bacon drippings to the hot pan and cook until heated through. Enjoy on heated tortillas with desired toppings.

The 3rd day, I use remaining beans and make CP chili:

L/O pinto beans

1-2 cans lt. red kidney beans

Enough canned tomatoes (usually crushed & petite diced, but have used some tomato sauce and 1 sm. can tomato paste) to fill CP 3/4 full

Cooked hamburger crumbles (have used chicken or turkey as well - or l/o shredded chicken or turkey from a previous meal)

garlic (fresh or preminced) to taste
chili powder (to desired taste)
cumin
smoked paprika
chipotle pepper seasoning
Worchestershire sauce (trust me on this) - about 3-4 Tbs for my large CP
basil
oregano
4 Bay leaves (remember to take these out after cooking)

My secret ingredient - 1 heaping TBS (spoon in your silverware set) of Cocoa powder

Put everything in the CP mix well, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy! This will usually give us at least a couple of meals in itself.

I know there are more, but that's all I think of right now.

Enjoy!!

I've used other cuts of chicken for this recipe.
I'm trying to get away from mixes and haven't yet tried it with the homemade version of onion soup mix. I'm sure it would be even better.

Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches

4 chicken breasts
4 chicken thighs
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup water

Spray the crockpot with non-stick spray.
Remove the skin from the meat and place it into the crockpot.
Sprinkle with garlic powder and soup mix and mix around the coat each piece.
Pour salad dressing and water over the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
When chicken is done, remove from crockpot and cool.
Remove meat from bones and shred.
Return to the crockpot and combine with juices.
Can be served or at this point, I've let it set on low or warm setting until meal time.
Serve on buns.
Makes about 10 sandwiches.

Here's my crock pot chicken recipe: (but I'm gonna try the whole chicken recipe mentioned now too-thank you)

Au Jus Chicken Breast
I use whole boneless breast-as many as you can fit comfortably, and Au Jus juice. You can buy powdered Au Jus mix in the spice isle. It is the dipping juice you get when you have a French Dip sandwich.

The taste is amazing and it's only 2 ingredient's and the breast cook really fast, but I guess any variety of chicken pieces would work.
enjoy!

My crockpot whole chicken recipe is throw the chicken in the pot. Dump a packet of onion soup mix in the pot make sure some get on top and inside if you can (I use a fork so I don't get my hands dirty!) Put three pats of butter on top of the chicken. Turn on high and go to work!
big_smile.png

If you feel like doing the work I put the mix and butter under the skin - it is better but usually I am running late!
wink.png

Keep those recipes coming ladies I am printing them all out!!

Back
Top Bottom