Your Daily Truth Serum!

The problem with telling a story that doesn't fit is that it's still too unwieldy! But, I'll give you the shortest version that still makes some sense, hopefully.

My 17 year old self uttered the following words over the radio to an Idaho airport control tower with a bunch of serious old country pilots listening... "Umm, I have a lostness problem."

I have never lived that down. My family ever after referred to any kind of navigational challenges as a "lostness problem".

In my defense, it was smokey from wildfires, I was newly hatched from needing my instructor with me, I had never been to that satellite airport before, and I was supposed to find some ground landmark as an exercise that I simply couldn't see. And the plane had the most ancient possible version of GPS which consisted of two dots and a line connecting them, it was challenging to operate. But still...

The problem with telling a story that doesn't fit is that it's still too unwieldy! But, I'll give you the shortest version that still makes some sense, hopefully.

My 17 year old self uttered the following words over the radio to an Idaho airport control tower with a bunch of serious old country pilots listening... "Umm, I have a lostness problem."

I have never lived that down. My family ever after referred to any kind of navigational challenges as a "lostness problem".

In my defense, it was smokey from wildfires, I was newly hatched from needing my instructor with me, I had never been to that satellite airport before, and I was supposed to find some ground landmark as an exercise that I simply couldn't see. And the plane had the most ancient possible version of GPS which consisted of two dots and a line connecting them, it was challenging to operate. But still...
Our first story! I love that! Thanks for that! I think that’s cool.

What is your funniest/craziest poultry story?

The one I can think of right now happened a few days ago. My turkey Tom has become aggressive lately due to breeding season. He seems to think he can take me on, so he tries to attack me and my sister if we go in there without our mom. I have heard that turkey pecks can be painful and scar, and since I have a low pain tolerance, I kept my distance and only went in there with my mom for a while.
Well we got pigs and my mom doesn’t have time to go in there, and she told me to man up and face him. So me and me sister went in there, me in front with treats, my sister behind me with an umbrella, for defense if we needed it. As I thought he would he saw us, puffed up, and ran towards us with his beak extended, and so I moved aside and yelled to my sister:
“Defense mechanism, activate!”
She opened the umbrella and he freaked out, leaving us alone. Now he won’t mess with us as long as we have the umbrella, problem solved!

What is your funniest/craziest poultry story?

The one I can think of right now happened a few days ago. My turkey Tom has become aggressive lately due to breeding season. He seems to think he can take me on, so he tries to attack me and my sister if we go in there without our mom. I have heard that turkey pecks can be painful and scar, and since I have a low pain tolerance, I kept my distance and only went in there with my mom for a while.
Well we got pigs and my mom doesn’t have time to go in there, and she told me to man up and face him. So me and me sister went in there, me in front with treats, my sister behind me with an umbrella, for defense if we needed it. As I thought he would he saw us, puffed up, and ran towards us with his beak extended, and so I moved aside and yelled to my sister:
“Defense mechanism, activate!”
She opened the umbrella and he freaked out, leaving us alone. Now he won’t mess with us as long as we have the umbrella, problem solved!
:lau:lau:lau

Your daily truth serum is baaaaack!!! Somebody just tell me a story. Anything. I do like drama tho. Pleaaaaaaaase? 🙏🙏
Ummmmm, maybe the time I went to a Halloween party and we played ghost in the graveyard and my sister was freaking out at and screaming at anything that moved? 😭 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom