Your favorite line regarding harboring fugitive chickens (illegals)

I live in the country with no poultry restriction, but you never know when rules could change in the future. If anyone ever complained about my chickens, I would tell them that my roosters are my organic alarm clock.

It is very amusing the amount of people that have never seen a chicken, or know what one is, lol.

I had a garage sale a few weeks ago, I brought one of my house birds out to set with me. I can tell you that EVERYONE that visited my sale had never seen a chicken, or at least one up close.

This lil lady was a Sultan...and a spoilt one at that, she sat in front of the fan all 3 days of my sale.

Everyone that walked up, would stand and look at her for the longest time, and then she would move!

"OMG, It's REAL!!"

*shaking head in disbelief*

It just amazes me how sheltered some people are.

I told all of these people when they asked me "you keep that as a PET?"

I says "Uhh...yea...who doesn't have a chicken that sleeps on the couch, watches tv and dines with them?"

I am sort of keeping mine illegally, but I found a way around it.

You see, city code states that I can only have 6 "chickens" living in a coop on my property.....HOWEVER, the city code doesn't have any laws or regs on keeping them in your house, LOL!

I have 11 chickens total and rotate them in the house that way there are only 6 "outside" at any time.

*wink* ya gotta find loopholes somewhere, lol.

Or you could always say........"Those darn kids tarred and feathered my cat again"

Quote:
That ones good too...

Each of you is helping, in some small way, to help preserve the sanctity of my chickenhood. All the neighbors know that I am very friendly and sociable, and I have no enemies in my neighborhood. But, a bit of humor goes a long way toward defusing an awkward moment. The more humor I can find in it, the better I'll do under pressure.

Quote:
You could say that for any breed - or say something along the lines that the "parrot" is a special breed just being developed to produce eggs to eat! YOu were lucky enough to get a few!

lau.gif
These are funny! If you really want to stun them you could whip out the science terms, that always shuts them up and leaves them stunned.
"What on earth are those?"
"They are small land based galliformes of asian decent."

Back
Top Bottom