Your Favorite Rooster Breed And Why

My son bought a little Mille Fleur D'Uccle rooster at a garage sale last year against my better judgment. The family was moving to town and had to get rid of their flock. I didn't want a rooster in with our hens. We had owned some bad ones. This little guy is the nicest, most polite, sweetest chicken we have. He loves to be held, protects his girls, goes to chicken clinics with my son and calmly tolerates bathing. We were trimming his spurs today and he calmly had both eyes closed, relaxing in my lap and having a sun bath. And finally...sorry for going on so...when he crows people always look around and ask, "What was THAT?" It is pretty hilarious.

Hi!
It's hard to pick an all-time favorite.

I have some bantam 'homeless roos' right now that are my darlings --- a red Serama named Brassy, a birchen Modern Game named Hiyou, and a mottled Japanese named Pecan --- they are my 'yard roos' during the day. All super friendly (bordering on pita) birds.

They are my darlings and the favorites *right now*.

smile.png

Lisa

For me hands down, Partride Rocks, But just like ever thing, u have good looking ones and not so great, For me they are what a Roo should look like, big and flashy! Silver penciled rocks are really showie also...

My favorite rooster is my hen feathered Aseel. He is very calm and will even stand still for my 3 year old to pet or feed treats to. He also "shares" his treats. He will pick up a piece and bring it over to me and cluck to me until I pick it up. He is also very dedicated to his mate, our aseels don't like being in trios or larger groups. They just hatched out a few chicks today! I have only seen the heads but they are beautiful and their parents seem very proud and protective.

This is my favorite (and only) rooster. He's not that fond of being held, but he's great with his hen. Most of all I love his feathers...literally half frizzle half smooth.

_MG_0103.jpg

My bantam cochins, they are such gentleman, sharing their treats with the hens and me first, my blue roo follows me around like a puppy dog. I really love them.

jakmallex, that roo is stunning!! Theres no way I could pic a favorite breed of rooster, as I am absolutely addicted to roosters! I even gave my 5 hens away once because my 15 roosters were too hard on them, then I got more roos!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom