nancypo

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Boise
My Coop
My Coop
I'm so impressed by some of the various handmade solutions that I wanted people to be able to "showcase" some of their ideas. I'm always looking for newer, better ways to do things, and there's a wealth of info here. Especially using free, low cost, recycled materials.

Like, right now, since we re-designed our coop, our ladder is too steep and short, we raised the roof. Or I'd like to be able to store the girl's grain outside in the winter next to the coop, how do I do that? garbage can or? No shed there.

Please post pics too!!!

We built one of the 4" pvc feeders that we saw on here, and it is the best thing in our coop:
51862_013.jpg

I agree with you the wealth of information and the creativity of BYC members is awesome! I know some one will be able to solve your feed and ladder problem.

I found an old bent pot that I'm now using for a nesting box. Also i have an old cake pan for a feeding dish. I used a pallot to make part of my coop which is made out of an old barn. My property had an old chicken coop that was used for an excessive amount of roosters. (i think i now why
roll.png
) I tore it down and i'm now using the lumber. In a trash pile i found rabbit wire which i used. About my whole operation is recycled
big_smile.png

I like the pvc tube, would work well for my girls
smile.png
Keep em coming!!! I use an old pie pan to put crushed ice in on our 100+ days...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom