Your HONEST opinion on eating duck eggs

fogbubble

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 9, 2009
Western NC
Hi
Since I've gotten into the duck business, I've found out more than I really expected to know about peoples' opinions of eating their eggs. I was raised on my grandparent's farm where they grew and processed most of their food, so we ate chicken, duck, geese, turkey, and even guinea eggs. I enjoyed them all and felt priveledged and "special" to do so. What is your HONEST opinion? And if you don't like them, can you please explain why? I'm just curious, and I'll still be selling them no matter what I hear.

Oh yeah, If you don't eat duck eggs, I'd also like to know if you will eat chicken eggs.

Thanks,
Shannon
Harlequin Creek

Last edited:
I love my duck's eggs. The make a very delicious quiche. Hubby can't tell the difference between duck and chicken eggs. I can, but it isn't a bad difference, just a slight texture difference.

I love duck eggs.Tthey are far my favourite of all my eggs. We have bantams, Chickens, ducks and turkeys I will eat them all but duck are my very favourite. I think I would have to draw the line at eating guinea pigs though. (I have a bit of a weak stomach lol)Should have added to this some lovely cambodian girls I know eat guinea pigs and I can't remember the name of it but its basically half incubated duck eggs. Now that grosses me out.

Last edited:
My ducks just started laying eggs December 18, 2009. I was shocked to see my first egg, as this is my first time owning any kind of farm animal. However, as happy as I was to see the eggs I still cant bring myself to eat them. As they stack up in my fridge I've asked all of my family to take some but they cant bring themselves to try them either. I've had one person from my Moms work ask for 4 eggs but my Mom keeps forgetting to bring them! I'd be happy to give her a dozen!

idk i grew up on a farm when i was younger im still growing but dont consider what i have a farm but anyway my grandparents had all of that stuff and my grandpa and dad use to eat turkey, guinea, and duck eggs plus fresh chicken and all of that good stuff but i could never bring myself to eat any of the eggs

got any guinea pig recipes ?
oh my!

I can't wait to try a duck egg - my sister in law prefers them over chicken eggs. Buys them
when she goes to her cottage - you only live once so I will look for some now.

Now I am curious about guinea eggs - what's the difference there?

D

Personally I do not like duck eggs to eat for breakfast – scrambled, fried or omelets. My DH prefers duck eggs for breakfast - over all the others. I find duck eggs have a slight rubber texture and to be very “heavy” in my stomach.
hu.gif
(Ironically I do enjoy Goose eggs for breakfast)

I love, love, love to bake with duck eggs. They make everything moist and so yummy.
droolin.gif

ETA: I do eat chicken eggs.

Last edited:
I personally can't tell a whole lot of difference between any of them. Guinea eggs are more flavorful than the rest IMO, but an egg is an egg. The diff. between guinea eggs for Della333...harder to get into and about the size of bantam eggs. Their shell is about twice as thick as a chicken eggs. Tasty little eggs though. I prefer them for baking, making mayo, and scrambling. Seem to have a bit richer flavor to me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom