Your HONEST opinion on eating duck eggs

My duck eggs are just like my chicken eggs, clear whites, and yellow yolks.....
tongue.png

Not any difference. I don't eat them raw, so the flavor with salt, pepper, and bacon grease is the same to me!
big_smile.png

I prefer duck eggs for baking. I don't mind eating duck eggs for breakfast. They used to taste too rich for me but I got used to them.

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
The OP said Guinea Eggs
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I very nearly shot tea out of my nose!
gig.gif
gig.gif

I've not tried one of our ducks eggs, but my son has, as a deviled egg and he enjoyed it, didn't know the difference actually (he's 10)

My dog tried to avoid duck eggs for some odd reason, I put a chicken egg and a duck egg, both cracked open in her dish, she licked up the chicken egg and left the duck one alone
idunno.gif

I find them a little rubbery for fried eggs , I do use them in a quiche or frettata and baking if you haven't baked with duck eggs your doing yourself a disservice. Even Martha Stewart will tell you she only bakes with duck eggs. Your cakes will rise higher and everything.
On the other hand if we eat too many duck eggs it tends to get a little gassy around here. Bad smelly ones from DH.
sickbyc.gif

Some people on this board sell their duck eggs to expensive restaurants for baking and are getting $8 a dozen and more

I thought the duck eggs were bigger. perhaps heavier/richer? I don't really know. maybe rubbery is the word, but not quite. I had no problem eating duck eggs. They bake well. My husband is allergic-so we no longer purchase them. I was paying $3.00 a dozen. We are eating chicken eggs now. I think it is just a mental image for most people. I would draw the line at reptile eggs. I could not handle that. but i am sure they are good too.
Make them out to be a big deal, new wave, hot item. Advertising is where it's at.

I eat duck eggs only dff i can tell is they are a little stronger and richer than a chicken
They are however the best eggs around for baking

Duck eggs are deeeeeeeeeeelicious, especially for baked goods, pastries & pies, for batters like pancake & waffle, they make great French Toast & are wonderful in quiche, I don't add extra cream when I use duck eggs in those. Goose eggs are great too, and you only need crack one for every 2-3 of any other kind of egg.

I love love love the guinea HEN eggs, they're extra tasty since the birds eat less feed & more foraged seeds & bugs. Those shells are so hard & difficult to crack open, but they are so very worth the effort.

I've heard that turkey eggs are really tasty too but haven't had any to try.

I've been blessed with fresh chicken eggs for so long that I've forgotten what store-bought eggs taste like.

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
The OP said Guinea Eggs
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I very nearly shot tea out of my nose!
gig.gif
gig.gif

I've not tried one of our ducks eggs, but my son has, as a deviled egg and he enjoyed it, didn't know the difference actually (he's 10)

My dog tried to avoid duck eggs for some odd reason, I put a chicken egg and a duck egg, both cracked open in her dish, she licked up the chicken egg and left the duck one alone
idunno.gif

Yes that will teach me to pay attention properly lol. I must have been thinking of the what the cambodian girls were telling me the other day when i read that .
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom