Your opinions on my coop please!

Just wanted to do an update: coop and run dimensions!
I am currently working on this and should be completed within a few days. Corner run posts will be concreted in, coop may be lifted on cinder blocks (haven’t completely decided yet), and predator netting and shade cloth on top. It will be double fenced from my dogs, about 3 feet from run.
Will be for 4 chickens, that’s all that is allowed due to my lot size in town. But may be just 3 due to one crowing the other day and no roosters allowed in town lol.
I will be adding a dust bath, 2 old wooden ladders, and tree branches to the run.

Your thoughts?

*** please excuse the crudeness of the drawing ***
D233E0F6-4786-4262-B270-376377BFDF42.jpeg

I am currently working on this and should be completed within a few days. Corner run posts will be concreted in, coop may be lifted on cinder blocks (haven’t completely decided yet), and predator netting and shade cloth on top. It will be double fenced from my dogs, about 3 feet from run.
Will be for 4 chickens, that’s all that is allowed due to my lot size in town. But may be just 3 due to one crowing the other day and no roosters allowed in town lol.
I will be adding a dust bath, 2 old wooden ladders, and tree branches to the run.

Your thoughts?

View attachment 2763209
For 4 chickens, coop run dimensions work, & run will give them plenty of space. 😊

Your thoughts?

View attachment 2763209
ok, so coop will be inside the run, but the coop is lifted so there is like 2 feet under the coop as well. So floor space is 10 x8 ft, with the coop above. I’m hoping this is still enough room for them. I’m going to have netting and old sheets for shade above most of the run since it gets hot here. I also got a giant seed block for them that they will get when the run is finished.

Almost done painting the coop! Just some clean up around the edges, maybe a 2nd coat on the end nesting box.
Paint is white farm and implement alkyd enamel, high gloss, 2 to 3 coats on roof shingles, one coat at the moment on the sides.
Chickens will not be able to reach the paint.
So, the sketch may be possible, should know in a few days, everyone has to agree lol.
Here are pictures of the coop! The triangle pieces near the peek will have a large hole cut and hardware cloth, as will the strip under the “awning” and above the coop door, picture included.

A7764FA4-3FCB-4670-AD98-6B40A455CD97.jpeg
D5E29F85-9EEB-40C9-9C9F-5DCCC35D9070.jpeg
0DA57642-4E59-4C6B-ABBA-8B4C051C1D60.jpeg

Almost done painting the coop! Just some clean up around the edges, maybe a 2nd coat on the end nesting box.
Paint is white farm and implement alkyd enamel, high gloss, 2 to 3 coats on roof shingles, one coat at the moment on the sides.
Chickens will not be able to reach the paint.
So, the sketch may be possible, should know in a few days, everyone has to agree lol.
Here are pictures of the coop! The triangle pieces near the peek will have a large hole cut and hardware cloth, as will the strip under the “awning” and above the coop door, picture included.

View attachment 2768630View attachment 2768632View attachment 2768636
When I had my prefab I put a super thick coat of polyurethane on the shingles and I'm glad I did. Those little roofs get all kinds of caddywompus🤣
Looking good👍

When I had my prefab I put a super thick coat of polyurethane on the shingles and I'm glad I did. Those little roofs get all kinds of caddywompus🤣
Looking good👍
This one got SUPER HOT! 130+ when it was like 70 outside!!!
doing modifications so it’s not so bad, already with one coat it was 105ish when it was 95 outside. MUCH BETTER!
Will be perfect once I get the vents done. I’m trying to think of a small fan that I can put in there that would be outdoor proof.

Back
Top Bottom