your thoughts on buff orpington ducks............?

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
hi.

my friend is going to be getting some jumbo pekins for cristmas dinner. and i have been wanting a pair of buff ducks, so im going to be getting two buffs when she gets hers. but know nothing about them???
idunno.gif
what do you guys think about them???

Last edited:
I tryed and didnt get much anywhere. It seems like not many people have them? Im not saying im not still trying. Im just wondering like how you guys like them?

Quote:
hmm.png
................ I heard they are great dual purpose, but not much more then that.....

We have 4, they are growing out currently and are hatchery babies. They are very friendly. I suggest you visit avian web.com for info on them, even just google Buff Orpington duck information will give you hours of reading.

I have a few buff hens for eggs. They lay very well, almost as many eggs as my khaki campbells. They aren't quite as skittish as the campbells either.
They are very pretty birds, a good size, and fit in well with other ducks. They are very smart though! (at least mine are). I pen them up at night to keep animals away from them and my buff ducks have figured out a way to sneak under the fence. They will find the smallest gap and squeeze themselves through it!
I would highly recommend getting some. Not too many people have them and I'm not sure why. I really like mine and I think you will too if you get some
smile.png

I googled them and they seem like gentle, great layers, dual purpose ducks which is what everyone has pretty much said. I suggest you Google it yourself. What exactly R U looking for them to do???

I think I am going to make a sampler order from Metzer farms in the spring and get a buff. I figure I will order a bunch of different breeds and see which one I prefer over the others, and then more or less specialize in keeping my favorites.

Quote:
Good idea.

Update: I have been looking for anconas more then this breed and I found a hatchery with them. If my friend is buying at that hatchery I will order two anconas.

Back
Top Bottom