Your Thoughts on the HovaBator Genesis 1588 Incubator

ButtonHoarder

Ich bin der knopfe
Premium Feather Member
Sep 11, 2020
Neptune
I'm wanting a good quality incubator for hatching button quail, chickens and possibly ducks, if I can convince certain people. I have heard really good things about this one and want to hear your experiences with it. Thanks! 😊

I haven't used a genesis model but ive used the wafer thermostat hovabators for decades.
You can't beat them for an inexpensive incubator.
They hold heat and humidity very well as is. Theyve always been very reliable for me and once ive got the thermostat set theyve been true plug and play.
Ive ran some for up to 3 years nonstop without ever having to adjust.
Other times I've stored them over winter and come spring just plugged them in and started hatching.
Be wary of the other brand styrofoam incubators. Their thermosats are junk and prone to temp spikes.

I haven't used a genesis model but ive used the wafer thermostat hovabators for decades.
You can't beat them for an inexpensive incubator.
They hold heat and humidity very well as is. Theyve always been very reliable for me and once ive got the thermostat set theyve been true plug and play.
Ive ran some for up to 3 years nonstop without ever having to adjust.
Other times I've stored them over winter and come spring just plugged them in and started hatching.
Be wary of the other brand styrofoam incubators. Their thermosats are junk and prone to temp spikes.
Thank you. They sound like what I'm looking for.

I'm wanting a good quality incubator for hatching button quail, chickens and possibly ducks, if I can convince certain people. I have heard really good things about this one and want to hear your experiences with it. Thanks! 😊
I used to run two of them. One as an incubator and one as a hatcher. They work just fine and if you don’t constantly play with the eggs you’ll have decent hatches. I checked the eggs once on day 12 and then again when moving them to the hatcher or lockdown. I’ve always ended up with more chicks than I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom