You're not going to believe this...**UPDATED W/ PICS**

Congrats. It sure pays to wait.
clap.gif

I got home yesterday to another chick that had hatched..so at least my first one won't be alone..I was afraid to go to the feed store. They make you get 6 chicks...I think that is going to be all I get, but I will leave the other eggs for at least another day...Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciate it. Pics to follow (my camera needed to be charged..of course)

That's great ! It sonds like you are running a little cool. I would increase the temperature about 1/2 degree. Regaurdless of what people say about hatching in 25 and 29 days. Your goal should always be for them to be finished hatching at the end of the 21st day.

It happens. I had one chick hatch on day 26 while the rest hatched on day 20. Same eggs and incubator. I was going to toss the the day before but boy was I glad I didn't!

I don't dout it hatched on day 26. Did it have any crooked toes or other abnormalities? In most cases when they hatch late they have problems. A lot of the time they die at some point. It could be a week or a month.

Back
Top Bottom