YUCCKKKYYYY!!! and a ?

Quote:
This is what I'm wondering...

gig.gif
Smell and taste are very closely related, if you smell something you pretty much know how it would taste, if you smell brown sugar cookies you just KNOW they'll be good!

That is very true! There have been studies which prove that smell is actually MORE important than actual taste is to our perception of food. Good argument, indeed.
wink.png

Are there rapid temperature changes that the eggs go through going from outside to in your house? Could some be starting to freeze inside? I'm grasping at straws I know. Goodluck with your problem! Let us know if you discover why it's happening.

Quote:
Oh, I'm not the only one, believe me!!
lol.png
I have had hubby taste them too, and he finds them utterly revolting as well.

Quote:
Not sure I want to dignify that with an answer
tongue.png

My nose/sinuses tell me well enough.

Quote:
Nope. I gather several times per day, so most of the eggs are still warm when I bring them in.

Quote:
I dated a guy for a while that had lost his sense of taste due to a head injury (car accident) it was so sad, he couldn't taste anything but he could smell - so he like to eat very strong smelling food, Garlic was a huge favorite because he could "taste" it by the smell in his mouth!
Sounds really weird! I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with something like that personally. (it was hard enough cooking things he'd like)

That is very true! There have been studies which prove that smell is actually MORE important than actual taste is to our perception of food. Good argument, indeed. wink

I dated a guy for a while that had lost his sense of taste due to a head injury (car accident) it was so sad, he couldn't taste anything but he could smell - so he like to eat very strong smelling food, Garlic was a huge favorite because he could "taste" it by the smell in his mouth!

Are you saying the OP has chicken poop on her hands while eating deviled eggs??? :lol:Just Kidding

Never had an odd tasting egg here, sorry.​

Back
Top Bottom