YUM ALONG PHOTO CONTEST No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I'm waiting to click 'like' on any entries until near the end, and then I will pick only my very favorites. Otherwise I know I'll like every single one, and that won't help anyone win.
That is an awesome idea. Perhaps, depending on the outcome and success of this contest, I more or less was planning a second if I had a lot of enthusiastic participation. Maybe in the second contest I would repost or hot link the entries and start the voting all at once. Food for thought. After all this is the Pilot Contest. Learning as I go.
Marvelous idea any way. I stuck that one in the idea box. Thanks for that!:thumbsup

Last edited:
If anyone visiting this contest thread is curious what inspired this Photo Competition, feel free to visit the Mother Thread and join in anytime you feel froggy.

SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! with Connie Jane & the Grouchy Chef.
lets eat.gif
Lots of great photos, dinner Ideas, chatting about posted dishes and on & on. Lots of great people and great food presentations.
Long after the Food is devoured, the stories and memories remain. To inspire each other to try something new and exciting. As well as show off your talents in the kitchen.
So show off your Yum, and we will show ours!

yu copy.gif

I'm waiting to click 'like' on any entries until near the end, and then I will pick only my very favorites. Otherwise I know I'll like every single one, and that won't help anyone win.

I would guess if they all tie then it would to to a panel of judges?

That looks so tasty, good job :yesss:

That is an awesome idea. Perhaps, depending on the outcome and success of this contest, I more or less was planning a second if I had a lot of enthusiastic participation. Maybe in the second contest I would repost or hot link the entries and start the voting all at once. Food for thought. After all this is the Pilot Contest. Learning as I go.
Marvelous idea any way. I stuck that one in the idea box. Thanks for that!:thumbsup

Just wondering.... if you did so, would the voting be just for one day? Some of us work and don't want to miss the fun.

I would guess if they all tie then it would to to a panel of judges?
Every single entry in a tie would be highly unlikely. But not much thought was put into preparation as far as the top three entries in a tie, or a tie for first place Second Place 3rd place individually. In that event most likely an extension of the contest would have to take place. It would most likely have to be over 24 hours longer because of the fact like you have just mentioned, not all members are able to be here on the website with prior obligations such as employment Etc.
Just wondering.... if you did so, would the voting be just for one day? Some of us work and don't want to miss the fun.
Another excellent question thank you. Most likely the voting would begin at a set date and be extended through a determined number of days. Then the thread would be locked to counts the like votes.
Perhaps at the end of this contest, after the dust settles and all of the Oooooo's and the Ahaaaa's are over, I could take suggestions on details for the next contest. Many Minds put together, would think out a more thorough plan to make it more fun, more reasonable, and especially more fair, for everyone in the b y c community.

I created this contest solely on a whim. Sort of a pilot contest. Just testing the waters and getting a feel to see how much participation I could get. Depending on the volume of entries and the enthusiasm of the community, that will dictate the next contest Etc. If there are only 5 entries and three prizes, it might not be that very advantageous to create a next contest. I do like the concept. And I appreciate everyone following the thread as well. But I personally am not trying to advertise this by forcing it on my Chicken buddies.
But by all means if anyone feels like they would like to tag any friends and see if they want to join the fun.. I insist. The more entries, the more exciting this will be.
Now depending on the Popular Success of the Pilot Contest, the following would be greatly be appreciated suggestions wise:
  • New cuisine? Should it not have a theme? Such as the choice made for this competition.
  • Should it be judged by the Community? I like the concept. But the voting should be delayed until after the deadline. For how long?
  • Photo requirements could be tweaked possibly.
  • And of course, what would happen in the event of a tie(s). For now I will make that call. If indeed it happens. I think it is highly unlikely because of the staggered voting system. I adopted this system from the BYC Caption Contest. I haven't seen a tie yet. Traditionally entries closer to the start date generate greater numbers from members not wanting to scroll thru many pages. Thus another reason for a delayed vote date.
I am open for suggestions on improving the 2nd competition. Feel free to P.M. me or even reply to this box. But not to put the cart in front of the horse. We will see how the community responds to the Pilot before things are etched in stone for the next.
Thanks for bringing those excellent questions to my attention.

To determine the ratio of prices to partcipants it could be helpful to have members sign up for the next contest. That way you know how many entries there will be.
We also didn't have a full weekend during this contest yet, so I'm sure there will be many more meals cooked in the remaining 4 weeks.
I think the current voting system (likes) works well. To improve it you could weekly post all links to the different meals that entered the contest so far.
Like this:
Please vote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/yum-along-photo-contest-no-1.1215524/page-11#post-19426245 (@Wolfgang B. )

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/yum-along-photo-contest-no-1.1215524/page-12#post-19429060 (@Soon2BChixMom )

I like the idea of different themes. Greek, German, American etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom