YUM ALONG PHOTO CONTEST No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Just finished grooming one of my dogs. 3 hours without a bath. She got that the other day. :barnie
I need to do two more, but one got hurt and she doesnt need more stressors. The other one can wait until my next day off. He is smaller and doesnt need it as bad. Jade had her winter coat shedding. She has thick hair and it doesn't come out unless I brush her. Guess who hasn't been brushing the dog. :he

Ok, I figure that I won't get to the dog grooming until later, so might as well get these photos uploaded since I am up early! :caf I have come to the conclusion that I like to take more photos of prep than presentation. :)
This is Italian lentil and sausage soup. I made some substitutions (kale instead of spinach as well as some others...). I did not make the dessert, it just so happened that my MIL sent it down on the same day that I was making this meal. Perfect!View attachment 1244416 View attachment 1244417 View attachment 1244418 View attachment 1244419 View attachment 1244420 View attachment 1244421 View attachment 1244422 View attachment 1244423 View attachment 1244424 View attachment 1244425 View attachment 1244426 View attachment 1244427 View attachment 1244428

Your soup looks delicious! I like your glass nesting hen too (I have 2 of them, 1 white and 1 blue). Good job!

Just finished grooming one of my dogs. 3 hours without a bath. She got that the other day. :barnie
I need to do two more, but one got hurt and she doesnt need more stressors. The other one can wait until my next day off. He is smaller and doesnt need it as bad. Jade had her winter coat shedding. She has thick hair and it doesn't come out unless I brush her. Guess who hasn't been brushing the dog. :he
My hippie collie gets knots bad.. don't want to groom him until spring. So I feel your pain!

Your soup looks delicious! I like your glass nesting hen too (I have 2 of them, 1 white and 1 blue). Good job!
I was thinking the same thing . I have something similar on our dinner table. We keep napkins and such inside of it as a centerpiece. 20180123_142228.jpg lol

I spend more time at the feed stores looking through all the chicken Decor than I spend actually picking up the feed. I'm a chicken Decor junkie haha I need help. Thanks for the link I'll check it out..:)
Mine are on the small side, maybe good for buttons or a few pieces of jewelry.

If anyone is interested in seeing some fun chicken decor, this is a great thread for it!
lets-share-our-chicken-decor.957016

Thank you. I kept racking my brain for a chicken accessory at home (besides my chickens). I was going to get crafty and make something. Then, while dusting one day, I saw it in my hutch. Funny thing, this is one item my husband doesn't ike. But, he doesn't like anything that might be antique (weirdo). I think my mother gave it to me.
@Farmer Connie the local antique shop has lots of these dishes plus small ones. They want too much for them at least what I am willing to pay.

Interesting find. I was visiting the forum category page this contest thread is in and saw this..
Screenshot_2018-01-23-14-33-27.png

Almost 3000 views since the thread was created. I had no idea it was that high. I am pleased. Yesterday I kinda felt it was hidden.
Thank you to everybody contributing to my joy! This has been breaking the monotony of my lonely days. All work and no fun makes anything dull. This has been nothing but fun for me! 10 fold..
I have learned a lot from this pilot competition. If anybody would like to help co-organize another (#2), PM me and I am all ears. I realize now a lot of things could be simplified and made easier and more broad spectrum.

To all of the Creators of all the wonderful Entries... Yum! Everything entered so far has been inspiring and made me drool..lol.
I am looking fwd to the rest of the entries as well. Remember, you are allowed to enter twice!
I think the best part about creating something for this thread is, you get to taste it and enjoy it! Everybody gets that reward for a creation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom