Yum 'chinese' take out!

Comet Mum

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 29, 2008
Oxford, NC
I finally have enough mealworms in my mealworm bin to share some with the chickens. I don't really like picking them up with my fingers, so I used chopsticks and put them in a plastic bowl to take outside to the chicks. Then I fed them one by one using the chopsticks. It was so much fun when the impatient pullets would jump up to grab the worm from the chopsticks.
lol.png
I've found a new way to have "quality" chicken time!

I bet your chickens loved it and it is a very nutritious snack. I wish I would have the stomach to "breed" mealworms and handle them, even with a chopstick I couldn't do it.
Yeah for you
clap.gif

I buy them dried, it's very expensive but don't believe my stomach would handle it either. Go to mealwormsbythepound.com thats where I buy mine.

I actually don't find them too disgusting to raise. They stay in their little plastic bin the the "guest" bath tub. They aren't smelly (especially compared to chickens
roll.png
) and take about 2 minutes/week to maintain. I just don't like the crawly feeling I get when handling them. But the dried ones certainly make sense for the squeamish. Chickens sure do love em!

Back
Top Bottom