Yum yum!

AnimalsComeFirst

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hugging a Chicken
Today the my 2 girls had some fun! (Gloria: Barred Rock and Penny: Buff Orpington)

94962_sany0090.jpg

I move their pen to a different part of the yard almost everyday... today they got to play in the leaves and pine needles!
94962_sany0069.jpg

Penny got a whole pumpkin to herself because Gloria wasn't interested....
94962_sany0072.jpg

Which half do I eat first?
94962_sany0073.jpg

94962_sany0080.jpg

94962_sany0088.jpg

Then they had some grated butternut squash and pumpkin guts/seeds to make the day complete!
94962_sany0085.jpg

Gloria became interested in the camera after I kept sticking it near their food!

Last edited:
Great photos! Is their pen without a roof? (sorry I am not seeing it so well in the photo) If it is, don't they jump over the fence? Those are two lucky chickies...
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, it is without a roof.... you see, usually that golden gate is in the backyard, covered with a net. But I have been moving them around without a net like a tractor so they can have something new to explore each day. I check on them every half hour, plus they are right outside my window. These are disabled chickens, so they'd have a hard time jumping over. (One partially blind and one has a broken foot.) Plus, why would these lucky birds wanna leave anyways?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom