1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yum yum!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Nov 7, 2011.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Today the my 2 girls had some fun! (Gloria: Barred Rock and Penny: Buff Orpington)

[​IMG]
    I move their pen to a different part of the yard almost everyday... today they got to play in the leaves and pine needles!
    [​IMG]
    Penny got a whole pumpkin to herself because Gloria wasn't interested....
    [​IMG]
    Which half do I eat first?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then they had some grated butternut squash and pumpkin guts/seeds to make the day complete!
    [​IMG]
    Gloria became interested in the camera after I kept sticking it near their food!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    Great photos! Is their pen without a roof? (sorry I am not seeing it so well in the photo) If it is, don't they jump over the fence? Those are two lucky chickies... [​IMG]

3. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Quote:Yes, it is without a roof.... you see, usually that golden gate is in the backyard, covered with a net. But I have been moving them around without a net like a tractor so they can have something new to explore each day. I check on them every half hour, plus they are right outside my window. These are disabled chickens, so they'd have a hard time jumping over. (One partially blind and one has a broken foot.) Plus, why would these lucky birds wanna leave anyways? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by