YUM!

Brahmb

Songster
Oct 13, 2018
Adirondacks, NY
I looked for duck egg recipes here and saw the one for masala. Not sure why I didn’t use it. Anyway, after a quick search online, I found a similar recipe. I’m not a great cook, but I can follow a recipe. This was delicious!!!
EE3E8562-EBFA-4507-B3B9-C3C1B8B0A475.jpeg

Maybe I’ve never had warmed hard boiled chicken eggs before, but these duck eggs were FABULOUS, AMAZING, and TASTY. The yolks were the the creamiest I’ve ever had in my life! They were creamier than many deviled eggs I’ve had!!! Is this typical for duck eggs?

Long story short(er)... they were hard boiled on Tuesday...maybe a little over cooked because I left them in the hot water a couple of extra minutes. They sat in the refrigerator until Friday, and even froze - I had to melt the ice off of them. Then they went in the masala and simmered for 3 minutes.

My question is....what do you think most attributed to their creaminess? That they were duck eggs, or over cooked a little, or frozen in the fridge, or the masala (tomatoes and Indian spices)? Creamy and tasty, I hope to be able to replicate the culinary experience.

Sounds delicious! Care to share the recipe? How easily did the egg peel after being in refrigerator? I have only had a few duck eggs myself and the ARE delicious. I have never boiled them just scrambled. I hope to have more in the near future if I can figure out how to get my ducks to lay them where I can access them. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

Sounds delicious! Care to share the recipe? How easily did the egg peel after being in refrigerator? I have only had a few duck eggs myself and the ARE delicious. I have never boiled them just scrambled. I hope to have more in the near future if I can figure out how to get my ducks to lay them where I can access them. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

I had one duck lay them outside for a few days. I found if I kept them cooped up until 9, they both were finished laying at that time. Unfortunately, I can’t do that every day.

Back
Top Bottom