Zebra...

In all seriousness, good luck. I have heard terrible things about zorses, let alone zebras. Fill us all in when you get one. Be safe.

Now im not a member of the ' group who cant be named' and I have trained and worked with relocated brumbies succesfully before but i just couldnt believe an animal lover would be considering this....
I dont really mean to be offensive, but to take a wild animal from its natural habitat, and confine it to somewhere You think it is more suitable for it just cruel! and then to follow that up with trying to break it into submission is just plain torture! Think about the quality of life that animal would have in captivity! He would be scared, stressed and alone, in an enviroment completly alien to him.

A scared wild animal is a very dangerous thing, theres only two options for him: Fight or Flight.. and you have him penned up so he cant go anywhere so guess whats gonna happen...

If you want an animal that you can train and ride and that once you gain his trust will be happy to work with you, try an ex rodeo horse, and if you really want a challenge try a bull as someone previously suggested, both animals are domesticated and more suitable for riding and working with.

I really hope you reconsider your plan...

Yeah, FERAL ... not WILD, there IS a difference. Feral animals have been domesticated for generations before reverting to a wild state. Wild feral dogs may survive nicely on the fringes of human society, I would not expect a pack of them to bring down a moose.

Whatever zebras these Bedouin have, they are captive, not domesticated.

I'm w/ Patandchickens. Apparently you know what you're doing and claimed to have ridden them before. Then you must know there IS a reason why no African tribes ever launched a zebra cavalry and why the colonizing Europeans never pursued the matter more.

Last edited:
Normally I try to stay out of threads that ruffle my feathers, but I have to ask why exactly you want to do this?
I've got to agree with the other posters that this seems like needlessly causing suffering with no beneficial result.

I was told that I'm not allowed to reply to threads where I feel a need to be honest, so...

Good luck I guess?

I don't agree with taking a wild animal out of its habitat that s/he has grown up in and alienate it completly. Try finding a breeder if this is something you really want.

Back
Top Bottom