Zebulon, NC hoarding case - sad.

Yes that is sad,but with the organization that was leading the seizure you could provide immaculate conditions to your animals and they would still have a problem with you.

I live in Zebulon but have never been by this farm, my friend has and she really thought it should have happened sooner. She also said the farm fell into a horrding dispair in the last two years. It was like every animal that was on freelist they brought it home. So many people are having to give their animals away and they are desperate! So if someone says I have nice big farm, I'll take care of your animal. They think its got to be better than turning the animal over to the animal shelter. Alot of people are just driving their animal to a place they think someone will pick the animal up and just dropping them out of the car. Its getting sad.

That story made our local news, also.
sad.png

Was this the same person posting ads on Craiglist for free, unwanted animals?

I bought a pony from these people 2 years ago. The place was rather run down....but that's to be expected with fowl....there is gonna be feces everywhere. As to food and water...I don't know. Their dogs were very healthy although chained out.
I have had the state out here looking at my animals....did you know That if you have a dog....it has to have food in the bowl 24-7???? Neither did I....they tried to take her because of that.....there is a policewoman that takes peoples horses....if she wants it and you wont sell it....she gets the userl out There to take it...they tried that with my inlaws show horse. I'd have to see the conditions before I'd jump to conclusions. You don't have to be fancy to have chickens....and yes....some will die...

Quote:
Goodness if I had to keep food at all times to my Mastiffs,I would have to put out 25 lbs. a day because the crows,blue jays etc. grab it like no tomorrow.lol

In this heat I usually feed late at night as it is better for my Mastiffs.

Quote:
I disagree with this. Puppy mills are wrong even under the best of care, which most aren't. To use an animal for the sole purpose of breeding to make money is wrong. And I don't mean breeders of certain breeds, etc. bred at the proper age, etc. I mean young dogs (or any animal), of all kinds, kept in cages and bred at a young age, every heat cycle, year after year after year until they are spent. Even if those dogs/animals are kept in clean cages, well fed and watered, it's wrong. They were ending a mill. The Humane Society and CWR must continue to do what they do because there will always be idiots continuing to do what they do with no regard for an animal's quality of life.

Quote:
Wow, my lab would be way overweight if had to have food available for her at all times. We used to have an old irish setter that looked terrible as she got older. She just didn't want to eat anymore so she was very underweight and her coat got thin and dull. The vet said it was just her way of getting old. The vet gave us high calorie pastes.. we tried to feed her liverwurst, hamburger, hotdogs, peanut butter, chicken, every kind of dog food. I was always worried someone would see her and report us to a rescue group. I made sure to keep all the vet receipts handy, just in case.
sad.png

I was actually doing a report on some of these birds and found this thread in google. Small world. Just my thoughts since I saw the place and I have been taking care of the animals that came from there. Every one of the birds was diseased in some way. With the exception of 5 out of 300 they were completely emaciated, loaded with mites, infections, blind, deaf, lame etc. Several birds starved to death on the way to our facility. They had rats chewing on their feet and not a single one knew what food was. We threw some garbage to the compost and they all came running. They were only fed garbage and scraps and I doubt one womans dinner scraps was enough to feed 300 geese. Some of these ducks and geese had never bathed! They feared the water! A duck afraid of water!

Its been an incredible amount of work. I cant speak for the dogs, they were gone when i got there but for some of the birds the help just didnt get there fast enough. For the others they are finally putting on weight, starting to trust people and just learning to be normal animals again. Some are even getting in pools now to swim and bathe. One sad young goose just floated one day, all day, in the pool. It was like all her life she dreamed of having water and now she is just floating in the water. She probably thought she died and went to heaven. I have a picture of her floating the disbelief in her face. Its one of my favorites from the case With the exception of the baby goose with its eyeball hanging from the socket (completly untreated) that we reuninted with her parents.

Back
Top Bottom