zip code / gas

I am the O.P. and I thought it would help people find cheaper gas in there zip code.

Ours is $3.56, cheapest around here! Be nice if it would go down a little more!

Wendy

It's pretty cool, but I figure, if I have to spend 5 minutes and drive an extra round trip of even just 5 miles, it makes no sense to save 10 cents a gallon even. If put 10 gallons in my car, that's one dollar "saved", but with 20mpg, I spent 1/4 of a gallon getting there, which is about one dollar when gas is $4 a gallon. So my net gain is zero, minus the time to drive and the wear of stop and go on the car. I figure cost of driving per mile inclusive of all costs is about 40 cents.

Quote:
No it is not cheaper you are right. When I put in my zip code all the gas stations are within 5 miles of me. But I figure I could also use the site when I go into the bigger town next to us. I put in there zip code and see what is near where I shop there and get the cheaper gas.

I drive 5.5 miles for gas - and it's always much cheaper than other stations. Last Friday I paid $3.119/gallon, and it's dropped since then, I'm sure. Camry, 30 MPG, so it's worth the trip.

Back
Top Bottom