zip code / gas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wendy, Oct 6, 2008.

1. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    $3.47 a gallon in Poland, NY.

2. ChristmasKathy

ChristmasKathy In the Brooder

Sep 28, 2008

3. illinichick

illinichick Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    3.46 in SE Il.

4. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    I am the O.P. and I thought it would help people find cheaper gas in there zip code.

Ours is $3.56, cheapest around here! Be nice if it would go down a little more!

Wendy

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

It's pretty cool, but I figure, if I have to spend 5 minutes and drive an extra round trip of even just 5 miles, it makes no sense to save 10 cents a gallon even. If put 10 gallons in my car, that's one dollar "saved", but with 20mpg, I spent 1/4 of a gallon getting there, which is about one dollar when gas is $4 a gallon. So my net gain is zero, minus the time to drive and the wear of stop and go on the car. I figure cost of driving per mile inclusive of all costs is about 40 cents.

6. Ellie

Ellie Songster

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    $3.65

Ellie

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:No it is not cheaper you are right. When I put in my zip code all the gas stations are within 5 miles of me. But I figure I could also use the site when I go into the bigger town next to us. I put in there zip code and see what is near where I shop there and get the cheaper gas.

8. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground

I drive 5.5 miles for gas - and it's always much cheaper than other stations. Last Friday I paid $3.119/gallon, and it's dropped since then, I'm sure. Camry, 30 MPG, so it's worth the trip.

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: