Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

If I have a new broody and have taken all the eggs for 3 days and she stays on the nest can I break her by putting eggs from my bator as they hatch?

If I have a new broody and have taken all the eggs for 3 days and she stays on the nest can I break her by putting eggs from my bator as they hatch?

Give her the chicks that hatch? That will break them from being broody. Then take the chicks away. They will go back to normal after that.

Lavender Orpingtons and Lavender Ameraucanas
1f60a.png
good choices!

My Broody only ended up hatching 2 cute little male CL chicks. Unfortunately it looks as though she squashed one :( So she has one cute little male CL chick to tend to. I was really hoping for a pullet or 2 from that pairing of CL eggs *sigh* But I guess one is better than none.

sorry to hear that. Are you going to give her any chicks to give company to the little one?

Candled some eggs today, Day 8:

Had 12 Jubilee Orpingtons (Shipped) in a friend's incubator. 7 Clears, 2 blood rings, 2 unsure and 1 growing where the air cell supposed to be. No air cell found anywhere. So seems like they are heading towards a disaster.

4 eggs were from my recovered-footless-frostbitten hen Marcy (Red Star). In hopes of getting some progeny before she is put down or stops laying altogether. Apparently her eggs had become so porous that they all coagulated and completely dry. So I guess I am done with her. Now all I have to work with is her daughter Rosalina (Legbar x Red Star hybrid) who lays beautiful Olive eggs every single day. Too bad won't have any others like that.

Had 15 Mauve Orpington eggs- 2 clears and 1 blood ring. 5 still with shaky air cells. So they seem to be doing ok for now.
4 Blue Orpingtons- 2 Clears- 2 good

I have lost count of the Legbar eggs because I keep on putting in 2 every day. They are all growing. I am hoping to isolate the hen who has a white sport gene by hatching as many.

9 eggs under another friend's broody are doing good as well. 4 Legbar x Barney crosses. 3 Legbar x Rosalina crosses and 2 Legbars.

Hatch Day for all starts June 5th at 7:00 PM

Ok I'll try that. 32 eggs going strong and due next Saturday

I would just slip a couple of those under her now and let her hatch them, a week should do the trick =) I have tried the putting chicks under her but if she hasn't been sitting very long sometimes it won't work. But if they hatch under her she'll think they are hers lol =) good luck with whatever u decide.

8 went to lock down and 8 are out! I had to help 1 that was really badly glued to egg while halfway unzipped but all others hatched on their own even very with saddled air cells.

Dang! more of those cute colors I want so much!

My quail are done.... I had one pip internally and then die... when I checked, it was missing most of its beak!
th.gif
That is a first for me.

One quail hatched, and just couldn't get its act together, finally died... 13 peppy and chipper and great. Except that now that I have them out of the incubator and in the brooder, it seems like one is always peeping its head off!

But just one will peep, every one else looks warm and happy and running around... then they trade who is supposed to peep.
idunno.gif
I kinda think that happens to me every time I raise quail.

Back
Top Bottom