Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Oh and my genius first time broody who managed 15 chick's of 17 fertile eggs is an idiot. Her care for the chicks is top notch, until it's bed time. When she's ready to go to bed for the night she jumped in the tallest nest box and just sat there clucking to the chick's while they couldn't get in. She lost 3 before I got home and realized what she was doing. Since I've removed that box and gave her only shallow boxes to sleep in and all chicks can manage in and out on their own now.

Oh and my genius first time broody who managed 15 chick's of 17 fertile eggs is an idiot. Her care for the chicks is top notch, until it's bed time. When she's ready to go to bed for the night she jumped in the tallest nest box and just sat there clucking to the chick's while they couldn't get in. She lost 3 before I got home and realized what she was doing. Since I've removed that box and gave her only shallow boxes to sleep in and all chicks can manage in and out on their own now.

Ugh, sorry you lost some... my Am waits for me to go down and pick up her chicks to put back inside the coop, lol... they couldn't get up the ramp at first, and she'd hop up and down clucking away and if I didn't start picking them up she'd stop in front of me with her neck stretched up and stare hard... lol... chicks can get up it now...

the first batch is outside now.

Sweet!

Ugh, sorry you lost some... my Am waits for me to go down and pick up her chicks to put back inside the coop, lol... they couldn't get up the ramp at first, and she'd hop up and down clucking away and if I didn't start picking them up she'd stop in front of me with her neck stretched up and stare hard... lol... chicks can get up it now...
Sweet!
wish mine was that smart. It was definitely the moment of "come on kids, come on. Why, kids, just jump, I'm sure you can get in here"

wish mine was that smart. It was definitely the moment of "come on kids, come on. Why, kids, just jump, I'm sure you can get in here"

Sounds like my Araucana bantam pair... there were 3 and I pulled one to set on other eggs, the last 2 are raising 2 chicks and they will leave the chicks outside... luckily their coop is ground level and I just had to add a step for them... My Am has impressed the crap outta me... first timer and she is amazing... :)

they're not dead till they're warm and dead many a chick I've saved by putting in the bator or under a heat light because it's mommy lost it.

they're not dead till they're warm and dead many a chick I've saved by putting in the bator or under a heat light because it's mommy lost it.
these unfortunately were dead. Squashed and dead. The other chicks trampled them in the process of trying to get with mom.

Back
Top Bottom