Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Good luck, everyone... I stuck 8 of mine under my Am broody since I didn't want her sitting for 3 weeks in this heat...most of mine are close to internal pipping, air cells tilted and they're pushing on the membrane... :)

Last edited:
I stuck some shipped silkie eggs in lockdown. I'm a day late. May pawn them off on a broody. I've only got 7 of the dang broodies.

Last edited:

I got 12 out of 16 that went to lockdown. It's a miracle... They survived 2 power outages, traveling and hour to and fro, and overheating with thermal pad on the way.
5 Lav Ameraucanas
3 BBS Ameraucanas
4 Olive Eggers

I hope everyone's hatch went well
1f604.png

I did have to help one of the Lavenders that was upside down and glued in. Any advice for getting all the sticky stuff off it still hasn't fluffed up like the others. The feathers look wet but are hard. I did run warm water over its back to get the stuck shell but it's still feels hard.

I did have to help one of the Lavenders that was upside down and glued in. Any advice for getting all the sticky stuff off it still hasn't fluffed up like the others. The feathers look wet but are hard. I did run warm water over its back to get the stuck shell but it's still feels hard.

Put a deep bowl in the sink with the warm water in it and soak it in there for a bit, then rub gently throught the fluff... it's a pain cuz you gotta stand there holding it, but I found that's the only way to help when they dry that hard... :/

Give the chick a bath. Use a bit of soap and then pull the stuck pieces of membrane off. Make sure that the vent is open but do not pull on stuff there--you can pull out organs and hurt them.

Chicks love blow dryers too so you can either dry the chick off using one or you can dry it off with a towel and get it back into the brooder.

Give the chick a bath. Use a bit of soap and then pull the stuck pieces of membrane off. Make sure that the vent is open but do not pull on stuff there--you can pull out organs and hurt them.

Chicks love blow dryers too so you can either dry the chick off using one or you can dry it off with a towel and get it back into the brooder.

Thanks! Does it matter if I use hand soap or dish soap?

Back
Top Bottom