Zuchini and yellow squash recipe

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I am looking for a zuchini and yellow squash recipe that included stuffing in the dish.. it was a baked dish very good.. can anyone help me find this?

thanks

ooh, I love this one! From memory (adjust as necessary):
Steam/boil onions, summer squash and carrots. Drain well, mash lightly. Layer twice in a baking dish seasoned bread cubes, sour cream, vegetables and top with bread cubes. Top with shredded cheese and bake til bubbly.

I skip the layering and mix everything together and bake. Yummy!

I hope others have versions to share, I'd love to branch out from this basic recipe...

Here's one I do.

1 1/2 lb squash, cut up
1 small jar pimento (optional)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 pt sour cream
2 med. onions, cut up
1 sick butter
2 carrots, grated
1 pkg Pepperidge Farm Stuffing

Mix stuffing and melted butter together, set aside.
Mix squash, onion, carrots, soup, sour cream, pimentos and 3/4 stuffing mixture. Pour into greased casserole dish, put rest of stuffing on top. Bake 350 for 45 mins.

Some people pre cook the squash and onion before adding it but I don't like it as good that way.

Last edited:
This is the one I've used a couple of times and really like.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Casserole-II/Detail.aspx?strb=1

* 6 cups diced zucchini
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup shredded carrots
* 1 (6 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
* 1/2 cup margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook zucchini in lightly salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl. Stir in the condensed soup, sour cream, onion and carrots.
3. In a small bowl, Mix together stuffing and melted margarine. Spread half of the stuffing mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add the zucchini mixture, and top with remaining stuffing mixture.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.

I didn't have sour cream so I used a can of cream of chicken soup and it was very good. I also steamed the veggies for about 10-15 minutes instead of boiling them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom