ZURI

Sydney65

Crowing
Aug 2, 2019
Indiana
Heh, remember me? "Little Dummy"? Aka Zuri? Mom took new pictures today-I finally have some color coming in! Oh, if you're wondering, yeah, I still bite, have the fierce determination if a snapping turtle...sigh, and Mom still laughs, "asking, "what are you doing, Little Dummy?"

20221122_102127.jpg

Heh, remember me? "Little Dummy"? Aka Zuri? Mom took new pictures today-I finally have some color coming in! Oh, if you're wondering, yeah, I still bite, have the fierce determination if a snapping turtle...sigh, and Mom still laughs, "asking, "what are you doing, Little Dummy?"

View attachment 3330383
Zuri! What a cutie! So remind me what color we decided Zuri is… pastel?

Zuri! What a cutie! So remind me what color we decided Zuri is… pastel?
Blonde. Dana and ..drawing blank- independently agreed blonde. That color was in the mix ordered, and as a keet, that's what I thought bc he had tell tale markings of tan at base of tail and shoulders. But as he grew the colors more or less stretched to near none existence. After the molt he's still not but shadows like in picture, just widespread. If you look at GF's blonde, it must be a hen, bc apparently males are like Zuri.
K-FI-Blonde.png
Now I'm not sure where she's at, bc when you get into international standards, we know it's very diff. The other who's name I can't remember, that you refer to, agrees that Mochi is chocolate. Dana said Mochi is a blonde. GF
Chocolate:
K-FI-Chocolate.png
Looks like Mochi in person. Sunshine & camera does make her look lighter.
Weird thing is the convo started over owner (def from not here) of this bird saying she is blonde Screenshot_20221128_120939_Facebook.jpg
And Dana saying chocolate is even darker, bc "Brown and chocolate are the same color.Just different pearling patterns." If you compared Bella and Mochi, that actually pans out, just not the dark color. Thus, I'm seeing why there is so much confusion.😵‍💫

Blonde. Dana and ..drawing blank- independently agreed blonde. That color was in the mix ordered, and as a keet, that's what I thought bc he had tell tale markings of tan at base of tail and shoulders. But as he grew the colors more or less stretched to near none existence. After the molt he's still not but shadows like in picture, just widespread. If you look at GF's blonde, it must be a hen, bc apparently males are like Zuri.
View attachment 3335085
Now I'm not sure where she's at, bc when you get into international standards, we know it's very diff. The other who's name I can't remember, that you refer to, agrees that Mochi is chocolate. Dana said Mochi is a blonde. GF
Chocolate:
View attachment 3335086
Looks like Mochi in person. Sunshine & camera does make her look lighter.
Weird thing is the convo started over owner (def from not here) of this bird saying she is blondeView attachment 3335088
And Dana saying chocolate is even darker, bc "Brown and chocolate are the same color.Just different pearling patterns." If you compared Bella and Mochi, that actually pans out, just not the dark color. Thus, I'm seeing why there is so much confusion.😵‍💫
Ah, I got you but just didn’t remember! So does Zuri have any spots, and did he have stripes as a little keet? I’ll get some pics of my chocolate hen Cocoa. She’s finally molted her sun faded feathers and gotten pretty new ones. My new keets are such a light colored flock! Those pastel and sky blue keets are all such pale shades. Hubby thought I had added a bunch of white birds to the Guinea confusion!

Ah, I got you but just didn’t remember! So does Zuri have any spots, and did he have stripes as a little keet? I’ll get some pics of my chocolate hen Cocoa. She’s finally molted her sun faded feathers and gotten pretty new ones. My new keets are such a light colored flock! Those pastel and sky blue keets are all such pale shades. Hubby thought I had added a bunch of white birds to the Guinea confusion!
He's partially dotted-you caught it, I sure didn't until you pointed it out and I went out to look. You have awesome eyesight to have noticed, bc they're barely visible,and not as scattered as the GF photo. He had no stripes, just those tan blotches on his back and shoulders that seemed to fade away as he grew. That's how he got his name, it means golden threads, and that's about all that was there by the time I named him-and we knew he wasn't white bc he didn't have the black spot on his head as a keet.
GF running a black friday sale for next spring...had to walk away from computer for awhile,telling myself I have enough. I do have enough. I have.....🤣
For the longest time I thought Willow was going to turn out lavender, bc she was so light and dotted. Even RT thought she was. She has lovely waves of blue in her now, and still has that high feathering on her back (bustle). They all have the 1 white wing feather.🤷‍♀️. I remember a discussion on it, but not if it's a genetic trait or a fluck.
Just got back from a TSC run. The sand in the "sunroom" must've been kicked out , so I put down wood pellets to try it out. It does smell wonderful, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom