2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Oh my! I couldn't help myself and snuck into the coop last night and tried to candle an egg! I actual saw an embryo! It was amazing! The hen was furious though so I won't be doing that again but wow, how far along are they if I saw a very tiny embryo in there?

I would say a week. Congrats!! Its so much fun candling!!

I haven't been on BYC in a long time. I spotted this posting and it's perfect timing. I just plugged in the incubator-Hova bator 2362N with self turner, and I am refreshing my mind on temps and humidity settings. I'm in FL. 
If things are working correctly, I'll be hatching in August, too. Please reply with your recommendations. :)

Welcome back!!! If u need any help just ask I am sure everyone is glad to help as much as possible!

Man u set alot of eggs HFIYC. Lol
Well, I'm kind of "go big, or go home", lol. Most of them will be sold anyway, I only keep a few back for myself
wink.png

Oh my! I couldn't help myself and snuck into the coop last night and tried to candle an egg! I actual saw an embryo! It was amazing! The hen was furious though so I won't be doing that again but wow, how far along are they if I saw a very tiny embryo in there?
We don't really know what you saw but here is a good link with pictures http://keeping-chickens.me.uk/chickens/how-to-hatch-eggs/candling-eggs

After 7 days, you should be able to see development of the embryo, including spider like veins and even (if you are lucky) a little movement

I am sure BYC has equally nice pictures. Put "candling" in the search box and enjoy the banter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom