2015 August hatch-a-long!!

Here is my solo chick from my first hatch. Pipped at the wrong end, but made it out unassisted. The other 5 in with her were deformed or all in the wrong positions, so not sure with what happened to this hatch. Temps and humidity seemed great from all the reading, no power outages or huge fluctuations from what I saw, but who knows. I was happy I got one!
I do have my incubator full again, so fingers crossed for 21 days!
What a cutie! I am so glad you got one..and it pipped at the wrong end and made it. That is great. I wonder what happened with the others? Can I ask where you keep your humidity, during incubation....and..during lock down?

Day 7 - candled my 8 serama/frizzles (ebay shipped) last night. 2 possibly not fertile/no veins, 1 with blood ring, 2 with veins but no movement or growth, 3 are wiggling around with good veins and air sacks. temp steady at 99.5 and humidity 50. Hoping the two with veins are just off to a late start. will re-candle on day 14 and remove the duds before lock down. I'm a newbie and open to any advise or suggestions.
thanks

That's great you know to wait. Day 7 just may not be showing up close against the shell for you to see yet. Day 10, if there is anything growing and moving, you will see it. And yes, by day 10 also..you should see a really developed air sac. Good luck!

What a cutie!  I am so glad you got one..and it pipped at the wrong end and made it.  That is great.  I wonder what happened with the others?  Can I ask where you keep your humidity, during incubation....and..during lock down? 

I kept the humidity around 45 for days 1-18 and then increased to 65-75. The one that hatched, the membranes didn't seem to be too dry and hatched about 18 hours after the first pip. The two that were deformed never drew in the GI tract, although it seemed like the yolk was absorbed? The other two had their heads down at the small end.

Day 7 - candled my 8 serama/frizzles (ebay shipped) last night. 2 possibly not fertile/no veins, 1 with blood ring, 2 with veins but no movement or growth, 3 are wiggling around with good veins and air sacks. temp steady at 99.5 and humidity 50. Hoping the two with veins are just off to a late start. will re-candle on day 14 and remove the duds before lock down. I'm a newbie and open to any advise or suggestions.
thanks

I just candles my 14 eBay eggs. They are on day 10. I can clearly see 5 are not fertile. 2 possible blood rings (already culled one that did) and 1 I culled cause I have been weighing them this time around and it gained 8grams in 3 days and looked like it was going to explode. So I'm down to 5 that I saw alive and moving today. Hope they stay that way!!

I kept the humidity around 45 for days 1-18 and then increased to 65-75. The one that hatched, the membranes didn't seem to be too dry and hatched about 18 hours after the first pip. The two that were deformed never drew in the GI tract, although it seemed like the yolk was absorbed? The other two had their heads down at the small end.

Well, I'm sure glad that you shared that your little one that pipped at the wrong end made it out on it's own. I came home from church and there was one pipped..and quite open, at the wrong end! Big egg too, not sure why it hasn't turned. Enough room for sure.
I keep my humidity low in the beginning, during incubation I keep it anywhere from 25 to 35. I have it around 60..62 for lock down. I will be watching this little stink, hope it doesn't keep turning now, unless it's zipping! If it turns and doesn't get to the air sac, it may not make it. Not due to hatch until Tue. So won't help until tomorrow if nothing more has happened by afternoon. :/

I got 3 little turkey poults! The last one got rolled and didn't make it. I am just happy to have a few... I'll try to get a photo of them.

Congrats!
celebrate.gif

Sorry about the one you lost.

I can't wait for pictures!

I want me some Silkies!!!! I have two Broodies. Both were on 12 eggs. Mixed hen and bantam. (Any idea if they'll reject the bantams?
1f62a.png
) One has kicked out a few. "Quitters" unfortunately. And the other Just 2. . So I have 15 now with a hatch day of 8/12!!! Can't wait. This is both of their second hatches.

I want me some Silkies!!!! I have two Broodies. Both were on 12 eggs. Mixed hen and bantam. (Any idea if they'll reject the bantams?
1f62a.png
) One has kicked out a few. "Quitters" unfortunately. And the other Just 2. . So I have 15 now with a hatch day of 8/12!!! Can't wait. This is both of their second hatches.

Good luck! Those mamas won't know the difference ...they will love what ever hatches under them. :)

Back
Top Bottom