2015 August hatch-a-long!!

That is a creative spot! 
One of the other hens I let out was throwing herself at the front screen door today till I let her in.  She found a nice corner in the laundry room to lay her egg.  :idunno

Chickens are anything but boring!!

That is so cute!
1f64a.png
I honestly don't know why chickens aren't a more common pet! I mean of course I have a dog, pig, ferret....everythings normal to me at this point but chickens are my favorite to spend time with. They aren't food to me but womans best friend
1f602.png

That is so cute!
1f64a.png
I honestly don't know why chickens aren't a more common pet! I mean of course I have a dog, pig, ferret....everythings normal to me at this point but chickens are my favorite to spend time with. They aren't food to me but womans best friend
1f602.png
. I agree with you! Not only are they just lovely to look at,they're so smart and itelligentally intellectual!!! Ok did I lose any body with that analogy? I got it!
1f606.png
I haven't had chickens all that long but I love every one the same but for very unique reasons. There are no two personalities alike. I love how animals have such keen senses and warm spirits. Their communications levels are better than most human folks! God really blessed me with my special fur babies!!! Thank you Lord!

. I agree with you! Not only are they just lovely to look at,they're so smart and itelligentally intellectual!!! Ok did I lose any body with that analogy? I got it!
1f606.png
I haven't had chickens all that long but I love every one the same but for very unique reasons. There are no two personalities alike. I love how animals have such keen senses and warm spirits. Their communications levels are better than most human folks! God really blessed me with my special fur babies!!! Thank you Lord!

This is why I love the BYC community! I tell my friends this & they look at me like I have 6 heads
1f602.png
I taught my chickens in one day to leave the house through the backdoor, then come wait on the chairs at night! One hen is trained to come when called (my chicks are learning now), & they are just amazing animals. I invited a friend who only liked chicken on her plate, & she ended up spending the entire day cuddling my smallest & friendliest serama hen
2764.png

This is why I love the BYC community! I tell my friends this & they look at me like I have 6 heads
1f602.png
I taught my chickens in one day to leave the house through the backdoor, then come wait on the chairs at night! One hen is trained to come when called (my chicks are learning now), & they are just amazing animals. I invited a friend who only liked chicken on her plate, & she ended up spending the entire day cuddling my smallest & friendliest serama hen
2764.png

That's right! We all get it here..... Either that or we're all six-headed!!!!! :lau Most "normal" people don't understand. Hah! Normal....so overrated. :eek:. I just love how you're training them. Hey I believe all animals can be trained to a certain degree. And chickens are definitely fast learners. Let me know how it goes with the rest.

The first two hatched on their hatch date. I had to help one along, she had me really nervous because I've never done that before and she kept bleeding so I took it slow. I had to chip almost all the shell off and open up the white softer part inside but she's out this morning along with two others. She was in a bit of a funny position. I have one that I may have to help this morning and at least two more starting to crack the shells.

Slipped 5 babies that hatched yesterday and overnight under the hen tonight and gave her eggs to the other setting hen. Those are due this Friday-ish. This is the first batch that are incubator-only for the full 3 weeks and have 2 more pipping. One of the hatchlings had started zipping last night and his membrane was bloody, but I didn't want to open up to look for where it was coming from for fear of making it worse. He lost quite a bit all over the shell inside and on the rubbery non-slip mat, but seems okay and happy, only as wobbly as a regular just-hatched chick. I'll be going in to town today, may look for Save-a-Chick just to keep on hand.

Back
Top Bottom